Hmm.... a thought?

strange_andy

I was just thinking that perhaps Mangini, Schotty, and Sutton are keeping things kinda vanilla in the pre-season, ya know, to see who has the basic offense and defense down. The fact that Mangini has been pretty tight-lipped about the team so far, it would fall in line with their philosophy.

Yeah, they need to cut out the mental errors and maybe block a blitzing LB or S every now and then to run a play, but they never really did anything special besides that reverse for a TD.

Part of me thinks this is what the Jets want the league to think, "dink-and-dunk" and no blitz packages. I think we might be in for a bit of a surprise in a couple weeks.

Any thoughts?

Part of me thinks this is what the Jets want the league to think, "dink-and-dunk" and no blitz packages. I think we might be in for a bit of a surprise in a couple weeks.

Any thoughts?

Yea, because the Jets have so many talented players on the offensive side of the ball, they can just turn it on once the regular season starts.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Yea, because the Jets have so many talented players on the offensive side of the ball, they can just turn it on once the regular season starts.

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

And I suppose you knew the Pats were Superbowl bound in 2001, right? It was simply a thought tool.

I really wanted to read opinions from Jet fans, not an annoying 80's/90's Cowboys-00's Patriots, future Texans fan.

Isn't there any steer down there you could shag?

Well Schottenheimer will definately include a lot more deep balls than we are accustomed to seeing. And I think we will see a lot of Randle-El style of play in Brad Smith. Brad Smith will be included in a lot of reverses and maybe 1 or 2 WR Reverse pass plays. But you will see it to an extent, the offense really doesnt have the players to excute a lot of fancy plays. Remember we have 2 rookies on the o-line who will experience their transition to the NFL and deal with growing pains, not to mention the choice of either a sub-par quarterback (whoever it may be) or a rookie behind center. To execute this you need a good running game which we wont have and some arm strength combined with accuracy at QB which we wont have. Its gonna be tough, but yes you will see a lot more attempts, the real question will be can they execute?

Archived