Justin Miller

flgreen

I read a few days ago that Justin Miller has the best chance of all the Jets to make the Pro Bowl. He deserves to.

This kid has tremendous natural talent. As we have seen on kickoff returns he is one of the most dangerous players in the NFL when he has the ball in his hands.

Great moves, great strength, and world class speed.

As yet he has been unable to translate all this ability into his CB position. He is a very young player. Hopefully in the off season he and Brown can work together, and he can be taught some technique and blossom into a Pro Bowl CB.

Until then, if that happens, it just seems like such a waste of raw talent.

"Lil Schot" has show a lot of imagination in using players in situational packages. As in what he is doing with Smith.

While Smith learns how to run patterns as a WR he is being effectively used as a slash type guy. With, IMO, great success.

How about creating some "situational packages" for Miller.

I'm not talking about changing his position, or developing him into a WR, I still think he has a excellent chance to develop into a great CB. Just special packages to put some fear into defensive coordinators. Special sets they haven't seen on film before.

Here's an example.

It is 2nd and 1. The Jets are running the no huddle. The Bills have their short yardage D on the field. Unexpectly, Miller runs out on to the field, and lines up as a flanker.

Coles and Cotchery are still on the field. Chad is going to call the play at the line of scrimmage depending on what type of defense the Bills show.

The D is in a very bad situation. Here are the choices.

They can waste a time out, to figure out how they are going to deal with this. A wasted time out in a close game is always a plus.

They might suspect that Miller is out there only as a decoy and put a weak CB on him. Chad calls a simple fly pattern and heaves the ball upfield. Miller will beat a weak CB quickly in a foot race. If he catches it. It's bye bye.

They can put their fastest CB on him. Don't forget Coles is still on the field, who has also run sub 4.4. Chad calls Coles # who is now against a weaker CB.

They can have a weaker CB play Miller way off the line of scrimmage. Chad calls a quick screen to Miller. He will for sure get the 1st down, and maybe put a move on the CB and go for a TD.

If the defense over reacts and doubles him, again Coles and Cotchery are still on the field.

If they pull men out of the short yardage box, he hands it off for the 1st down.

It seems like a win win situation to me.

Just a thought.

Any one else have a situation that Miller might force a win win situation?

Archived