Cavs can counter conventional wisdom in East finals

JetNation

This is going to be another great Cleveland-Detroit series.

These are my 2 favorite teams in the East after the Knicks so I was rooting for this match-up all along. Whoever wins is going to have a tough match-up with San Antonio and as we've seen before, Detroit matches up pretty well with Duncan, Ginobli, Parker & the Spurs.

Lebron and company does not have the team to match up with the Pistons-I do not expect this series to go long.

They said the same thing last year in the Eastern Conference Semi's and that went the distance and the Cavs only had Larry Hughes for I believe 2 of the 7 games.

This series is going 6, probably 7, but I do to believe that LeBron just doesn't have enough around him to get past the Pistons this year. Interesting to hear that Jordan got shut down three times by Detroit in the playoffs before winning his first NBA title.

Either way, Go LeBron!

They said the same thing last year in the Eastern Conference Semi's and that went the distance and the Cavs only had Larry Hughes for I believe 2 of the 7 games.

This series is going 6, probably 7, but I do to believe that LeBron just doesn't have enough around him to get past the Pistons this year. Interesting to hear that Jordan got shut down three times by Detroit in the playoffs before winning his first NBA title.

Either way, Go LeBron!

Lebron does not have the supporting players for Cleveland to challenge the Pistons IMO.

Spurs Pistons will be for the championship- Suns got jobbed.

So far LeBron has shot THREE, count 'em, THREE times and the Cavs are up 32-27 with 7:17 left in the 2nd quarter.

1-3, 2 pts for LeBron. He's dishing it out to his teammates and they're capatalizing. A healthy Larry Hughes is making a different from last year's Seminfinals already.

GO CAVS!

Good game but the Cavs should've won. Detroit guarded LeBron James the best I've ever seen anyone guard him.

10 pts, 11 boards, 9 assists.

Cleveland needs to find a way to get LeBron more open and to free up the middle of the paint in order for him to drive, if they can. If not, this series will not go 7 like it did last year, even with the close Game 1.

Detroit wins Game 1, 79-76.

Archived