Positves

drago

* Our D-line looked decent yesterday. If we add a big time playmaker, someone with a motor, like the dude in KC, or Kampan, all we have to do is get lucky in the draft. Find someone with a great attitude that is willing to bust his hump on every play. Guys like that are out there, and after a while his play will become contagious.

Don't look now, but D-rob has 3 and a half sacks in two games! When we have gotten them in passing downs (when the D is not exhausted) we have been getting pressure up the middle, and in the Pitt game, around the edges. If we renegotiate his contract, or trade him, his value is as high as it has been in years (and by high, i mean we shouldn't just cut him outright).

* David Harris- Anyone see him muscle Barber to the ground? He basically had a poor angle, god knows vilma would have missed it, harris threw him down like it was nothing. I love this guy, could be better than Revis.

* Revis- He may have missed a pick, but the last time TO played he had 4 TD's. The last time he played Deangelo Hall, he had three TD's. I realize the cowboys were playing possum for some of the game, but revis had him covered. He'll be better than Aaron Glenn, and more importantly will be a top 3 corner for years to come.

* the coaching staff- didn't call a great game, by any means, but i'm willing to give them a pass for having drafted; Mangold, Leon, Clemens, Revis and Harris. Now if we can only get the staff to use these guys properly ;). Wait...was that negative? sorry.

* Brick and Montgomery did a decent job for much of the day. SFJ had said Montgomery is the real deal, so i paid extra attention to him (what else did i have to watch?). When Montgomery was in, you could see him shuffling his feet, sliding around, doing a solid job. Enter clarke...at one point i saw him follow the RE passed Mangold, Clarke turns around runs towards brick to help out on Ware. By that time KC had slid up, and Ware got him (pretty sure it was Ware). That sack wouldn't have happend had Montgomery been in, he would have passed the end off to Mangold, as you are supposed to, and helped on the isolation of Brick.

I'm sure there are more positives to pull from the game, those were just the ones i saw.

The four down tandem of Bowens, Mosley, Drob, and Ellis is not doing a terrible job of generating pressure. They're not the sack exchange, but tis way better than what we saw prior to the bye. Not sure why it took this staff a bye week to put that combo together.

CJ Mosley is active out there and it looks like he is a keeper as a situational type DT.

Harris and Revis are studs.

If the Jets were in a position to draft a glen dorsey they'd instantly improve the defense with Dorsey and Drob in the middle, harris at MLB and sliding vilma to the weak side in a 4-3 look, but it looks like that will never happen. Dorsey and Drob would give interior OLINEMEN nightmares. on 2nd/3rd and longs.

But the 3-4 it is.

I think we can get decent value from trading Vilma. I'm hoping we land a second, which could put us in position to make a move, up or down, come draft day. Dorsey would be nice to have, from what i have heard.

As you said about staying in the 34, we have been shoing a ton of 43 looks, so i'm not sure if its an issue. If it walks, talks and acts like a duck...it's usually a duck. THis is pretty much a 43 defense.

The current 3-4 alignment has us at 2-9. Id say go with the 4-3 with Hobson,Harris and Vilma would be an awesome set up. The need for an every down pass rusher was quite evident yesterday.In the NFL today you cannot give any QB the amount of time the Jets are giving the opposition.

Every down pass rusher could be acquired with drafting Dorsey.And signing a free agent.

I know I will be all but shot for this,but...........The Jets havent had a decent pass rush since John Abraham left.

Ellis does not have the speed or the elusiveness to do the job.

The current 3-4 alignment has us at 2-9. Id say go with the 4-3 with Hobson,Harris and Vilma would be an awesome set up. The need for an every down pass rusher was quite evident yesterday.In the NFL today you cannot give any QB the amount of time the Jets are giving the opposition.

Every down pass rusher could be acquired with drafting Dorsey.And signing a free agent.

I know I will be all but shot for this,but...........The Jets havent had a decent pass rush since John Abraham left.

Ellis does not have the speed or the elusiveness to do the job.

by all means, Ellis is not the 'end all' at DE. He is servicable if you give him someone on the otherside (and a contract laced with incentives...he seems like a pile IMO :)). Getting Dorsey would be nice, and if we are in position to take him, i really think we will pull the trigger.

I said, in a different thread, that we should trade up for him given the opportunity. As i was thinking about it, it can't be worth the picks we'd give up. Our offense looks terrible, we need all the picks we can get to get someone with some presence on the line, or at WR (especially once Coles is gone).

I have to say, i was pretty dissapointed in Cotchery yesterday, and on Sunday.

Archived