Post game quotes

K2C

Chris Baker, Tight End

(On fumble)

I was trying to get some extra yardage and get the first down. He just came in and made a great play. It's part of football.

(On being satisfied that they played the Patriots close)

No. Satisfaction is coming away with a victory. We play to win, not play close.

(On missed opportunities)

Our defense came out and shut down their offense and gave us the ball in scoring position and we just couldn't do anything. We knew it was going to be a close game, we just came up short.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Tackle

(On taking satisfaction from playing the Patriots close)

That is not our mentally. We go out to play sixty minutes of hard football and we don't come out with that victory, that's disappointing to us. There's some things we did nicely in the game that we can take away from the game, but the fact is we were not successful.

(On whether the outcome was due to lack of execution or the Patriots defense making plays)

I think it was a combination of us not doing things we needed to do. There's a lot of things that go into winning a game and obviously we didn't do it.

(On Chad Pennington's performance)

He's played in the league for a long time and he's seen a lot of things. It's unfortunate to see Kellen go down, but Chad stepped up like he always does. He's a captain for a reason. He stepped in and he assumed the role of leading us.

Justin McCareins, Wide Receiver

(On the play in the back of end zone)

I thought I had it, but it slid around in my hands a little bit and the referees made a decision and that was the bottom line.

(On the game)

It was just very frustrating to lose another game. It has been a frustrating season and we still have two more games. We just have to pull together and get another win

Ben Graham, Punter

(On the effect of the weather)

You cannot control the wind, and it is the same for both teams. We practiced in it all week. We new it was going to be windy, wet and cold.

(On the blocked kick)

I have not had a lot of time; I would like to look at it again. My job was to get the ball into my hands, and get the ball on the foot as quick as I can, and get it down field. It was not a great feeling.

Mike DeVito, Defensive End

(On getting to play)

It was great to be able to get some play time, especially up here in my hometown.

I was disappointed with the outcome, but it was nice to get out there and move around.

(On the game)

It was a big week of preparation, but we approached it just like every week.

Chad Pennington, Quarterback

(On the game conditions)

It is difficult, but that is football. When you are a little kid you dream about playing in games like this. You ask your mom and dad to play outside in the snow and the rain, so it is difficult but again it's football. For the most part, you do everything you can to stay away from turnovers, especially throwing the football and you have to understand it is going to be close game. It was a close game and we did not make enough plays.

(On not starting)

I have been in this situation before, and what I have learned in the past is that you have to prepare as the starter and understand you're not going to get the reps in practice. You do the best you can after practice to try to get some throws in and work on some things. It is all mental and this week for me there were no physical reps whatsoever besides scout team, and I was Tom Brady all week. Once Kellen (Clemens) went down, I had to refocus my mind and just take it one play at a time.

Darrelle Revis, Defensive Back

(On the defensive play)

It was great for us and we are making a lot of strides on defense. We left a couple of plays out there and you can't do that on a great offense. You have to make sure everything is right and be at the right place at the right time and be doing the right thing. We were aggressive and played great, but they got us with the field goals and a few other things.

Victor Hobson, Linebacker

(On the hype of the game)

It kind of gets your attention, but at the same time we have learned not to even pay attention to what people say outside the locker room. If we have been going by what everyone outside the locker room has been saying all season, we probably would be a distraught and separated team right now, but that is not the case. I think we came and we fought hard and showed a lot of character. You just have to give them credit. As a defensive unit we were able to slow them down tremendously, but that is what good teams do, they just find ways to win. That is what they (Patriots) did today.

David Bowens, Linebacker

(On his blocked punt and touchdown)

Their protection slid over and I was able to beat the center one-on-one. The punter had a bad hold, so it forced him to hold it a little bit longer. I'm still not believing it. It was pretty exciting. Any time you can make a play like that in a game like this it is pretty exciting. I really didn't know what to do [when I scored]. My role is to contribute any way I can. We didn't get the win but as a team we showed a lot of people what we are capable of doing.

(On his last touchdown)

It was in high school, it has been a long time.

Victor Hobson, Linebacker

(On the Jet defense)

We just played hard and executed the game plan. We played a great team with a lot of weapons. You have to stick to the fundamentals and make things happen and we were able to do that for the most part.

(On the elements)

It is part of playing football. If you can't play in the elements, you shouldn't be playing football. I like to step on the football field, whatever it is, snow or rain. I am just ready to play.

Andre Dyson, Cornerback

(On the Jets' defense)

I don't think we shut them down, but we did a good job of containing them. We had a good game plan and we executed pretty well. We played harder and smarter and faster (than the last time they played). Sometimes you put in a game plan and don't execute it. There is no such thing as a moral victory. We came here to win, gave it a good shot and fell a little short. They are a good team. There is a reason they have won as many as they have.

At least some players have that mentality...

Archived