Kellen Winslow has fourth surgery on right knee - ESPN.com

Reports: Browns' Winslow underwent at least fourth knee surgery recently

ESPN.com news services

Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow went under the knife again on his oft-injured right knee, according to various media reports.

Winslow's agent Drew Rosenhaus, who has spoken recently about wanting to renegotiate his client's contract, said Winslow's surgery after he returned from the Pro Bowl was an elective procedure to clean out scar tissue.

"He didn't have to do [the scope]," Rosenhaus told several Ohio media outlets. "He just had some scar tissue removed. It will make him a better player. It wasn't necessary. That's why he was able to play in the Pro Bowl. So I don't think Kellen's health is a factor and we hope to get a deal done with the team."

Browns coach Romeo Crennel said Winslow's rehabilitation is going well.

"Kellen did have his knee cleaned out, but I saw him in the hall the other day," Crennel told The Cleveland Plain Dealer. "He's rehabbing and he's moving pretty good. It was just a minor cleanout and he's all right." Crennel said

As far as Winslow's ailing shoulder, Crennel told the newspaper, "I think he feels pretty good about it and he might let it try to go."

The surgery on Winslow's right knee was at least the fourth procedure he had done after crashing his motorcycle in 2005.

In 2007, Winslow had 82 catches for career-highs of 1,106 receiving yards and five touchdowns.

Reports: Browns' Winslow underwent at least fourth knee surgery recently

ESPN.com news services

Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow went under the knife again on his oft-injured right knee, according to various media reports.

Winslow's agent Drew Rosenhaus, who has spoken recently about wanting to renegotiate his client's contract, said Winslow's surgery after he returned from the Pro Bowl was an elective procedure to clean out scar tissue.

"He didn't have to do [the scope]," Rosenhaus told several Ohio media outlets. "He just had some scar tissue removed. It will make him a better player. It wasn't necessary. That's why he was able to play in the Pro Bowl. So I don't think Kellen's health is a factor and we hope to get a deal done with the team."

Browns coach Romeo Crennel said Winslow's rehabilitation is going well.

"Kellen did have his knee cleaned out, but I saw him in the hall the other day," Crennel told The Cleveland Plain Dealer. "He's rehabbing and he's moving pretty good. It was just a minor cleanout and he's all right." Crennel said

As far as Winslow's ailing shoulder, Crennel told the newspaper, "I think he feels pretty good about it and he might let it try to go."

The surgery on Winslow's right knee was at least the fourth procedure he had done after crashing his motorcycle in 2005.

In 2007, Winslow had 82 catches for career-highs of 1,106 receiving yards and five touchdowns.

Doesn't sound major but normally any surgery to a knee must be considered somewhat serious. He'll be okay for 08 though.

Archived