What about Kenny Phillips or Limas Sweed?

Columbia Jet Fan

I dont think there is anyway the Jets draft DMC (not too mention the Raiders could easily pick him up, Dallas could trade up for him, etc.) and after the Pace signing I don't think they will go w/ Gholston...from what Ive seen of Tangini's draft strategies they don't take the BAP but rather a guy they feel will work in their system...

So, what about either of these two players?

WR could still be a need w/ a potentially disgruntled Coles who could be traded, Sweed has great size and is a playmaker and combined w/ J Cotch we could have two big receivers for years to come ala Boldin and Fitz in AZ...

Kenny Phillips is a big, strong and fast safety who combined w/ Kerry Rhodes would give us the best young safety tandem in the league and probably best young secondary in the league when you consider Revis. The guy is an absolute beast and I have no problem drafting more guys from Miami...

Now I dont necessarily want us to get either of these two and I won't pretend I know much about them beyond their scouting report, but with all the moves I don't see Long, DMC or Gholston happening so unless we can trade down I was wondering what you thought of other possible options for the 6th pick...

limas sweed - definately.

kenny phillips - we have more pressing needs. CB, RG, WR

I don't see how RG is going to be a pressing need. Sure Moore isn't the best but he is a solid Gaurd that has played pretty well for the Jets for a couple of years. WR and CB definately are pressing needs, but RG come on there are definately upgrades that need to be made before your upgrade from Moore.

Archived