Albany Conquest WR gets try out at jets mini camp

jetsrule128

how about this most af2 players go to the afl

this guy might go af2 to nfl

Conquest's Williams invited to Jets minicamp

Friday, May 2, 2008

Text Size: A | A | A

Albany Conquest wide receiver Antwun Williams has been invited to the New York Jets minicamp this weekend and will miss the Conquest's game against Tennessee Valley at 7 Saturday night at the Times Union Center.

Williams has been the Conquest's leading receiver after Jared Jones went on the disabled list two weeks ago. He had four touchdowns in a victory over Mahoning Valley last Saturday, Albany's third win in a row.

"Like I said at the beginning of the year, Antwun, in my opinion, probably shouldn't even be here, I think that highly of him," Conquest coach Jeff Hoffman said. "He's a good receiver, his speed is the question mark on him, but he'll make the tough catches, he's not scared. He could be a nice addition for them, especially because he runs great routes, he catches the ball, he's aggressive, he could help them out on special teams as well."

Williams left on Wednesday. If he isn't signed to a training camp contract, he'll be back in Albany on Monday.

"I think he's a guy going into it that is kind of on their radar, but not really," Hoffman said. "He's a guy who could go in there and turn some heads and surprise some people.

"They called to ask permission, and my job is to help these guys to move on. When they called, I said are you just looking for a body to run around, or is this legit, and they said this is as legit as it gets. I'm excited for Antwun. I hope it happens for him."

Archived