Yankee Lineup Order

Morrissey

I'd be a lot more optimistic if we hadn't passed on Weiters year before last though. Damn that would be sweet. McCutchen the CF, Tabata, Alvarez, Weiters at the top of the order. How sweet would that have been?

I'd be pretty happy with Ryan Doumit, besides the Pirates need pitching, bad...

In the 2007 draft the Pirates could of had, Rick Porcello, Tim Alderson, Andrew Brackman, Madison Bumgarner, Jarrod Parker

I'd be pretty happy with Ryan Doumit, besides the Pirates need pitching, bad...

In the 2007 draft the Pirates could of had, Rick Porcello, Tim Alderson, Andrew Brackman, Madison Bumgarner, Jarrod Parker

Well, Doumit isn't even an average defensive catcher, I'd rather see him in RF or 1B if there was a decent replacement. And all those other guys we could have drafted are all in hindsight. We were supposed to draft Weiters but our GM was an idiot and our owner hadn't pulled out his pocketbook yet. Chickened out of a $10MM bonus that turned into like $6MM and then turned around and spent a lot more than that trading for Matt Morris and picking up his whole salary. Luckily they started getting their act together after that year. But that draft is going to hurt for a while.

Well, Doumit isn't even an average defensive catcher, I'd rather see him in RF or 1B if there was a decent replacement. And all those other guys we could have drafted are all in hindsight. We were supposed to draft Weiters but our GM was an idiot and our owner hadn't pulled out his pocketbook yet. Chickened out of a $10MM bonus that turned into like $6MM and then turned around and spent a lot more than that trading for Matt Morris and picking up his whole salary. Luckily they started getting their act together after that year. But that draft is going to hurt for a while.

I see, I wouldn't know that, since I don't get a chance to watch them, just noticed his stats, and they aren't bad.

Archived