SJ Reviews: 'Coraline'..Fantastic in 3-D, very cool dark fantasy (3 1/2)

SouthernJet

Extremely slick fantasy tale that deals with aalternate world where evil tries to outdo good.

This wildly creative flick is enormousley rich in graphics and its tone is dark.

Its a film that may be too scary for those under say 5 or 6 years old. There is a morality play here and its can be viewed as a family film.

A girl enters a room in her hosue and encounters her 'other mom and dad'. These people try and convince her thru candy, food and 'love' that she should stay with them and leave her 'old' parents forever.

A BIG suggestion to older viewers. IMHO this is enjoyable mainly as a 3-D film. Pay teh extra 3 bucks (its cost me 12 each) and see it in 3-D. Welll worth it. It elevates IMHO from a good film to wildly enjoyable.

3 1/2 stars_002.gif's

I didn't know this movie was in 3-D, I wanted to see it, but not so much now. 3-D movies give me a headache.

Thanks for the review as always.

You may have misunderstood..

Its being shown in both 3-D and regular. Check ypur local theaters..If in 3-D, the movie listing will actually say 'Coraline 3-D',. If ity just says 'Coraline' , then its in regular format.

You may have misunderstood..

Its being shown in both 3-D and regular. Check ypur local theaters..If in 3-D, the movie listing will actually say 'Coraline 3-D',. If ity just says 'Coraline' , then its in regular format.

Ahh, ok much better thanks.

Archived