Holmes: Jets Superbowl Win would be slap in Steelers face

Vudu

Holmes: A Jets Super Bowl win would be a “slap” in Pittsburgh’s face

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 19, 2011, 3:49 PM EST

The Steelers have done a great job replacing Santonio Holmes this season. But the Pittsburgh organization and its fans know well that Holmes has a knack for game-changing moments, and he could hurt them on Sunday.

Holmes was asked Wednesday if this week was personal to him:

“I think the personal game is out the way,” Holmes said. “I got a chance to beat them the first time around.”

“This time it means everything for the team, for the organization . . . I don’t care about the Steelers right now. Those guys are in my team’s way. We have one goal — to win the Super Bowl.”

Holmes said he didn’t understand at first what caused him to be traded from Pittsburgh. (We have plenty of guesses.) He still has plenty of love for his ex-teammates, calling Troy Polamalu the greatest player he’s ever seen.

Still, he’s hoping to make the Steelers regret letting him go.

“Everything personal, will happen two, three weeks after,” Holmes said. “If we win the Super Bowl, then everything is personal, that’s a slap back in those guy’s face for trading me. For right now, that’s not even a focus of mine.”

(And if the Jets don’t win Sunday, at least Holmes can get back to a little offseason wake-n-bake a few weeks early.)

Holmes: A Jets Super Bowl win would be a “slap” in Pittsburgh’s face

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 19, 2011, 3:49 PM EST

The Steelers have done a great job replacing Santonio Holmes this season. But the Pittsburgh organization and its fans know well that Holmes has a knack for game-changing moments, and he could hurt them on Sunday.

Holmes was asked Wednesday if this week was personal to him:

“I think the personal game is out the way,” Holmes said. “I got a chance to beat them the first time around.”

“This time it means everything for the team, for the organization . . . I don’t care about the Steelers right now. Those guys are in my team’s way. We have one goal — to win the Super Bowl.”

Holmes said he didn’t understand at first what caused him to be traded from Pittsburgh. (We have plenty of guesses.) He still has plenty of love for his ex-teammates, calling Troy Polamalu the greatest player he’s ever seen.

Still, he’s hoping to make the Steelers regret letting him go.

“Everything personal, will happen two, three weeks after,” Holmes said. “If we win the Super Bowl, then everything is personal, that’s a slap back in those guy’s face for trading me. For right now, that’s not even a focus of mine.”

(And if the Jets don’t win Sunday, at least Holmes can get back to a little offseason wake-n-bake a few weeks early.)

Of course he wants this win to shove it in the face of Pitts. Wake-n-bake never hurt no one...maybe his cack has...but he balls, who cares?

Archived