NFL schedule setup to allow for the season to start in October and still play a 16 game schedule

Bergen Jet

If the lockout goes on long enough to actually push back the start of the season up to three weeks the NFL is prepared. The league had booked Indianapolis the week after the Superbowl as a contingent date which would allow the big game to be pushed back one week. They can eliminate the off week between the Conference Championship games and the SuperBowl to pick up a second week. They can pick up a third week due to who the current week 3 is scheduled. Every team playing week 3 shares a bye week with their week 3 opponent. If the lockout forces week 3 to be missed those games can be played by eliminating any bye weeks for teams and having the missed week 3 games played during their now scheduled bye week.

This may be a long lockout.. but at the very least we can still get 16 games and a full playoffs if they can get players on the field for what is now scheduled to be week 4.

I want a 14 game season and no bye week before the SB. If we do what I want we won't need to do these other stupid things. The quality of play gets really low around Weeks 16 and 17 usually anyway. Especially for the awful teams that all seem matched up against each other all the way at the end of the season. I'm looking at you NFCW. I mean nobody wants to see Panthers-Cardinals ever but it's even worse in Week 16.

Archived