Kyle Allen-Texas A & M

win4ever

This kid had been hyped as a sure fire stud Qb prospect of the future and he's killing Auburn right now as a true freshman. Obviously he's not eligible to come out for a few years, but if you get a chance, check out the game. I think he could possibly me the next can't miss type guy to come along.

Possible, although this the highest point total they gave up this season (aided by a fluke blocked FG attempt for TD) but Allen has a great arm, I believe a 5 star recruit and pretty much every scouting report on him was glowing about his talent.  

Possible, although this the highest point total they gave up this season (aided by a fluke blocked FG attempt for TD) but Allen has a great arm, I believe a 5 star recruit and pretty much every scouting report on him was glowing about his talent.  

Did you see him in his first start vs. Louisiana Monroe?  He was terrible.

Kid was a big recruit but lighting up Auburn shouldnt be what puts him on the map.

Did you see him in his first start vs. Louisiana Monroe?  He was terrible.

Kid was a big recruit but lighting up Auburn shouldnt be what puts him on the map.

I think that was most likely first start jitters especially because Hill started out so hot this year, so there was pressure to produce from the start or get replaced.  But his last two games have been very good for a true freshman QB.  Although, this is a slippery slope because he still has a very good Oline and talented WRs, so have to see how he progresses.  I think a lot of people jumped on the Hackenberg bandwagon and are now getting scuff marks from leaping off, so have to see how he progresses in his second and third year.  However, for a start to his career, with the scouting reports, this kid looks promising right now.  

I love QBs that fit in the mold of great arm, good field vision, and a little bit of mobility to burn people if they aren't careful.   

Archived