Madden 2006

Can someone tell me what happened to the playmaker control where I could direct blockers and receivers using the right analog stick.

That is gone, instead..its now the TRUCK stick..its like a hit stick for the running back..you can level a DB and go long!

LL

No way did the graphics get worse than last year. As far as I can tell, they're pretty much the same, the colors just seem more vivid. The game doesn't play anywhere close to 2K5 either. That game was garbage plain and simple. That game probably would have been alright if they had done something different with the running. I mean who wants to have to repeatedly tap a button for a speed burst? All that did was lead to real herky jerky running.

How much can you REALLY change without making it arcade like rather than a good football sim? Lets see; since the first PS2 release they added online play, defensive adjustments, hit stick, create-a-player, added mini camp, , more imersive franchise with micromanagement options such as stadium and food pricing, rushing attack, 2 minute drill, hit stick, a ton of graphics adjustments including tons of new tackles, updating roters and moves along with this years superstar, QB Cone, truck stick. They also make a good effort to remove all of the cheese that players find each year. What exactly would you like to see? They do take recomendations at EA, not that I can guarantee that they actually read them.

That is gone, instead..its now the TRUCK stick..its like a hit stick for the running back..you can level a DB and go long!

LL

That kind of sucks, I especially enjoyed directing the blockers down field. I don't understand how they can take away a feature that was recently added w/o compensating for it. Maybe it is done automatically by the receivers. I love the game though, the vision cone is tough but makes the game very authentic.

I didn't notice this at first but now that I actually tried starting a franchise, THE ROSTERS ARE GARBAGE!! I looked at my roster expecting to see Bruschi with a red cross next to him indicating he was on the IR. Nope, he just wasn't there. So I went to the FA to check that out and I'll be damned if Bruschi wasn't listed under the free agants!! :shock: So I calmly log online and after about a half hour of bs, I finally get logged on. It downloads the "updated" roster and I go back. Sure as hell, they still have Bruschi as a free agent. At that point I just shut the game off. I wanted to start a franchise with Bruschi on my team but on the IR. If I leave him as a FA, someone else will sign him. If I bury him in the depth chart he'll get pissed and want traded.

What I found just as amazing is they couldn't even manage to squeeze all of the draft picks into the game. Our 3rd. round pick Nick Kaczur wasn't even on their. I know he's not a household name but damn, he's a 3rd. round pick at least.

I don't know, the more I play this game, the more disappointed I become with it. I plan on stepping away from it until around preseason and see if they get another update that is halfway right.

I didn't notice this at first but now that I actually tried starting a franchise, THE ROSTERS ARE GARBAGE!! I looked at my roster expecting to see Bruschi with a red cross next to him indicating he was on the IR. Nope, he just wasn't there. So I went to the FA to check that out and I'll be damned if Bruschi wasn't listed under the free agants!! :shock: So I calmly log online and after about a half hour of bs, I finally get logged on. It downloads the "updated" roster and I go back. Sure as hell, they still have Bruschi as a free agent. At that point I just shut the game off. I wanted to start a franchise with Bruschi on my team but on the IR. If I leave him as a FA, someone else will sign him. If I bury him in the depth chart he'll get pissed and want traded.

What I found just as amazing is they couldn't even manage to squeeze all of the draft picks into the game. Our 3rd. round pick Nick Kaczur wasn't even on their. I know he's not a household name but damn, he's a 3rd. round pick at least.

I don't know, the more I play this game, the more disappointed I become with it. I plan on stepping away from it until around preseason and see if they get another update that is halfway right.

Your asking for too much... Madden is always good about updating the rosters online but the game has been out for 2 days!

If I ahve any complaints its the new passing is way too hard. I can't hit recievers fast enough and am constantly getting sacked. Also someone mentioned that run blocking is all messed up and I couldn't agree less.

The running game is almost too easy I have been consistently breaking off long runs with Curtis Martin on the ALL-Star level so I am already moving onto ALL-Madden. Last year the problem was All-star was too easy and All-Madden was too hard. WHat I found to be the best is to adjust the A.I. to have their Offense better and tone down my defense a little bit because I am so fiscious out there.

The running isn't too easy but the blocking is very realistic... If you read your blocks correctly and know when to cutback there is a lot of open room to run. I've always been a run first guy so I dunno if anyone else agree's but I love how the run blocking works this year.

Your asking for too much... Madden is always good about updating the rosters online but the game has been out for 2 days!

I'm asking for too much? Bruschi had a stroke like two weeks after the Super Bowl. You're telling me the best they could do is completely wipe him off of the Patriots and put him in the FA pool? I can remember last year there were several players that were listed injured and if you started a franchise, you couldn't use them.

I dunno why but I am having a hard time running the ball for more than 5 yards a pop. Usually I am really great at running the ball. I abused all-madden last season in running and passing, so far its harder this year in both, but I'll get used to it.

Anybody know a good playbook to use? I still havent found MY PLAY from last years tampa bay playbook with the 3 WRs on the left side of the field with 1 TE on the right side of the line. I hope they did not scrap this package from the game, I've looked in like 10 playbooks so far and havent found it yet.

Archived