Pre-Combine Draft

New York Mick

FA

S - Tyvon Branch, Raiders

I was hoping we would draft him in the 4th round of 08. He's a solid DB with good speed and tackles really well. The safeties on this team are sh*t and need someone to helpout right away.

FB - Owen Schmitt, Eagles

Schmitt can block his a$$ off and wont cost a lot. Connor sucks

G - Will Montgomery, Native Americans

The FO better get a few Olinemen into camp, there's no depth at all. Montgomery is a solid pass blocker and better run blocker who wont break the bank.

Cuts

I honestly have to look at who will cost what if they're cut so I haven't come up with a list yet. (I'm not that bored) but there are going to be some cuts and contracts moved around.

Draft

1st Round

OLB/DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinios

6'4'' 265lbs

I think he's the perfect pick for Ryans D. He has good size and speed and never lets up. He can also play multiple spots standing or with his hand in the dirt. He's a playmaker sacks, fumbles, tackles for loss, QB pressures, ect. The more I watch him the more I hope we draft him.

2nd Round

OT Mitchell Schwatz, Cali

6'5'' 320lbs

Schwatz is an all around good tackle. He does well against different types of pass rush, opens holes in the run game and gets to the second level. He should be able to start right away at RT and could also be moved to guard if needed.

3rd Round

WR Steph Hill, G Tech

6'4'' 205lbs 4.5

The Jets need a deep threat to go along with Holmes, Keller and Kerley as well as a redzone target. Hill is all of those, he averaged over 29 yards per catch, is a big target with good hands and vertical (even Sanchez shouldn't over throw him) and he's a good blocker.

4th Round

S Neiko Thorpe, Aurburn

6'3'' 195lbs 4.5

A CB turned S that likes to tackle. He has the size and speed to cover bigger WRs and TEs and is good in run support. I think he could work his way into the starting line up sooner then later.

5th Round

CB D'Anton Lynn, Penn State

6'0'' 205lbs 4.45

His dad is on the Jets

6th Round

WR/RB/KR/PR Chris Rainey, Florida

5'8'' 175lbs 4.32

Speed demon, playmaker and threat to score everytime he gets the ball or get killed the first time he gets hit.

7th Round

ILB Adrien Cole. Lo Tech

Small college prospect that I see on a few sleeper lists. I honestly have never seen him play and don't know sh*t about him. Bit might??

Anyway, I killed the time I wanted and it's time for a drink. Your comments are welcomed, I'm interested on what other JET FANS think,

What do you know about Adrien Cole? He looks interesting is he worth a late pick.

interesting name. Ive seen him top 10 ILB on certain sites. not tall 5'11" but over 250. did not get a combine invite. how he runs will dictate value. Might not get drafted at all. but if he hustles could be another bart scott. these guys usually start out on special teams.

also fwiw, John Conner doesn't suck. He's certainly better than owen schmitt.

interesting name. Ive seen him top 10 ILB on certain sites. not tall 5'11" but over 250. did not get a combine invite. how he runs will dictate value. Might not get drafted at all. but if he hustles could be another bart scott. these guys usually start out on special teams.

also fwiw, John Conner doesn't suck. He's certainly better than owen schmitt.

I like Schmitt as a blocker better the Conner.

sh*t I thought he had an invite

Archived