Draft prospects who have visited the Jets

RyanBe_Tweetin

You couldn't be more wrong about Upshaw. How is he a 3rd down player? Are you suggesting that his game is only about pass rushing, and he doesn't have the skills to stop the run? Quite the opposite. If anything, he's going to be a Bryan Thomas type of player- strong against the run, and able to produce 6-8 sacks a year. He's not going to be a 15 sack per year guy most likely, but he is a very well rounded defender.

That said, I don't love the guy, but I certainly wouldn't consider it to be a mistake. I would rather draft Upshaw at 16 than trade the 1st and 2nd to draft Ingram.

See who's there at 16-- if Barron, Ingram, DeCastro, Cox or somehow Richardson is there- draft them. If not, drop back 4-8 spots and add some more picks.

Simple!

my problem with the guy is he cant cover and is that not the big knock on scott we need speed and guys that can cover,at 16 is to early for upshaw. I think Hightower can play inside and outside and he can cover

it's gonna be ingram 1st choice mercilus 2nd choice. they might trade up for ingram. if coples falls they'd think hard about it, that dude was dominant in Mobile. Whether he gives full effort or not, the times he does, is julius peppers level great.

If Coples falls, you take him and dont think twice. I'd be happy with Mercilius. Think I'd be fine with Jones too. Those are 2 guys who I think have JPP type potential because they are such freak athletes. Shea McClellin is another name I'm warming up too.

Think I want my picks from one of those 4.

If Coples falls, you take him and dont think twice. I'd be happy with Mercilius. Think I'd be fine with Jones too. Those are 2 guys who I think have JPP type potential because they are such freak athletes. Shea McClellin is another name I'm warming up too.

Think I want my picks from one of those 4.

This. Coples is the best pass rusher in this draft. I just saw Mercilus' stats and I'm pretty blown away the dude completely dominated last year. I've heard the one year wonder excuse on him, but like you said JPP was a one year wonder coming into the draft. Just completely changed my whole ranking of the OLBs.

1. Coples

2. Mercilus

3. Ingram

4. Jones

5. Upshaw

This. Coples is the best pass rusher in this draft. I just saw Mercilus' stats and I'm pretty blown away the dude completely dominated last year. I've heard the one year wonder excuse on him, but like you said JPP was a one year wonder coming into the draft. Just completely changed my whole ranking of the OLBs.

1. Coples

2. Mercilus

3. Ingram

4. Jones

5. Upshaw

You got love the forced fumbles. Thats a skill. For sure.

1. Coples

2. Jones

3. Mercilius

4. McClellin

5. Hightower

Thats my preference right now.

NFLN is doing a piece on Rex and Coples at his pro day. He put him through LB'er drills.

You got love the forced fumbles. Thats a skill. For sure.

1. Coples

2. Jones

3. Mercilius

4. McClellin

5. Hightower

Thats my preference right now.

NFLN is doing a piece on Rex and Coples at his pro day. He put him through LB'er drills.

I completely overlooked Mercilus and now I prefer him over Ingram just based off production and measurables. I don't know if I'm as high on McClellin as others are, I'm always a little iffy on Boise players. I really like Mercilus but If Coples is there its a no brainer.

Edit: I forgot about Hightower's ability to play in and outside so I'd substitute Upshaw with Hightower at my number 5. I just kind of plugged Upshaw in there without really thinking

I completely overlooked Mercilus and now I prefer him over Ingram just based off production and measurables. I don't know if I'm as high on McClellin as others are, I'm always a little iffy on Boise players. I really like Mercilus but If Coples is there its a no brainer.

Edit: I forgot about Hightower's ability to play in and outside so I'd substitute Upshaw with Hightower at my number 5. I just kind of plugged Upshaw in there without really thinking

Hightowers versatility is why I'd prefer him over Upshaw or Ingram. McClellin size, motor and burst is why I like him better than those two as well.

I think the premier pass rushers in this draft are Coples, Mercilius and Jones. And I'm pleased to see that all of them have had a visit.

Hightowers versatility is why I'd prefer him over Upshaw or Ingram. McClellin size, motor and burst is why I like him better than those two as well.

I think the premier pass rushers in this draft are Coples, Mercilius and Jones. And I'm pleased to see that all of them have had a visit.

Im not sold on McClellin sure he had all those things but he went to Boise state and they play some pretty bad teams even though he did have his best game against Georgia. I havent really looked at chandler jones other than stats last year and it didn't really impress me, I'm just wondering why he's considered a first round pick and people say he has elite potential.

Im not sold on McClellin sure he had all those things but he went to Boise state and they play some pretty bad teams even though he did have his best game against Georgia. I havent really looked at chandler jones other than stats last year and it didn't really impress me, I'm just wondering why he's considered a first round pick and people say he has elite potential.

If there is anyone player that resembles JPP, its Chandler Jones. Think every team in now officially on that hunt. As they should be, lol, dude is a monster who kind of defied logic. 1 year wonder, no eye popping stats, but a physical freak.

If there is anyone player that resembles JPP, its Chandler Jones. Think every team in now officially on that hunt. As they should be, lol, dude is a monster who kind of defied logic. 1 year wonder, no eye popping stats, but a physical freak.

Maybe I'd be okay with it, I think our coaching staff could mold him into a special player but then again he could be a complete bust ala Gholston.

Archived