Draft prospects who have visited the Jets

RyanBe_Tweetin

As of April 21st, 2012, the following prospects are either visiting for have private workouts scheduled with the Jets. Confirmed visitors are italicized.

3-4 OLBs and other linebackers

Melvin Ingram – OLB – South Carolina

Quinton Coples – DE/OLB – North Carolina

Bruce Irvin – OLB – West Virginia

Demario Davis – OLB – Arkansas State

Ronnell Lewis – OLB – Oklahoma

Vinny Curry – OLB – Marshall

Justin Francis – OLB – Rutgers (local)

Whitney Mercilus – OLB – Illinois

Julian Stanford – OLB – Wagner College (local)

Chandler Jones – OLB – Syracuse (local)

Tahir Whitehead – OLB – Temple (local)

Cameron Collins – LB – Oregon State

Zach Brown – LB – North Carolina

Jake Bequette – OLB – Arkansas

Defensive Linemen

Michael Brockers – DE – LSU

Josue Ortiz – DE – Harvard (local)

Ronnie Cameron – DE – Old Dominion (local)

Corners and Safeties

Trumaine Johnson – CB/S – Montana

Jeremiah Brown – CB/S – Wagner College (local)

Antonio Allen – S – South Carolina

Trenton Robinson – S – Michigan State

Josh Norman – CB – Coastal Carolina

Jerron McMillian – S – Maine

Josh Bush – S – Wake Forest

Chad Faulcon – S – Montclair State (local)

Brandon Taylor – S – LSU

Trevor Coston – S – Maine (local)

Jose Gumbs – S – Monmouth

Harrison Smith – S – Notre Dame

Omar Bolden – CB – Arizona State

Offensive Linemen

Cordy Glenn – OG/OT – Georgia

Ben Jones – OG – Georgia

Ronald Leary – OG – Memphis

Andrew Tiller – OT – Syracuse (local)

Bobby Massie – OT – Ole Miss

Jeff Adams – OT – Columbia (local)

Lucas Nix – OG/OT – Pittsburgh (local)

Joseph Long – OT – Wayne State

Brandon Brooks – OT/OG – Miami of Ohio

Jonathan Martin – OT – Stanford

Robert T. Griffin – OG – Baylor

Quarterbacks

Dan DiLella – QB – Albany (local)

Wideouts

Stephen Hill – WR – Georgia Tech

Joe Adams – WR – Arkansas

Kendall Wright – WR – Baylor

Alshon Jeffery – WR – South Carolina

Michael Floyd – WR – Notre Dame

Rueben Randle – WR – LSU

Chris Givens – WR – Wake Forest

Mohamed Sanu – WR – Rutgers (local)

Jeremy Ebert – WR – Northwestern

Tony Logan – WR – Maryland (local)

Tight Ends and H-Backs

Orson Charles – TE- Georgia

Evan Rodriguez – FB/TE – Temple (local)

Running Backs

Robert Turbin – RB – Utah State

Michael Smith – RB – Utah State

Adonis Thomas – RB – Toledo (local)

Stephfon Green – RB – Penn State (local)

Darrell Scott – RB – South Florida

Special Teams

Michael Barbour – K – East Carolina

Brian Stahovich – P – San Diego State

I'm hoping they break the trend this year and take a guy who hasn't visited in the first. Why? That puts guys like Perry and Barron on the board.

Plus, I figure it'd be a great time to do that since it's become fairly common knowledge that the Jets pick from their visitor's list. It'd be a changeup....a changeup of doom.

I'm hoping they break the trend this year and take a guy who hasn't visited in the first. Why? That puts guys like Perry and Barron on the board.

yeah or upshaw

don't be in denial Gato. It's not gonna happen for either of us.

yeah or upshaw

don't be in denial Gato. It's not gonna happen for either of us.

Meh, we'll see (not that I'd lose sleep over missing out on a lumberer). Moreso than any other year this year we have noooooo clue what the Jets will do...well except that it'll probably be someone who visited.

Meh, we'll see (not that I'd lose sleep over missing out on a lumberer). Moreso than any other year this year we have noooooo clue what the Jets will do...well except that it'll probably be someone who visited.

the Jets have several needs but most likely rd 1 draft pick is OLB

going by this list it's Coples, Ingram or Mercilus

I'd like to pretend they are gonna take Cordy Glenn... but he is shaping up to be a long shot

If we must do the visit thing again from this year' crop of mediocrity...Please let it be Ingram or Coples.

Brockers might work because of who the coaches are...I'd say this draft scares me but I still think it'll be pretty hard for them to mess it up.

If we must do the visit thing again from this year' crop of mediocrity...Please let it be Ingram or Coples.

Brockers might work because of who the coaches are...I'd say this draft scares me but I still think it'll be pretty hard for them to mess it up.

Even as a "worst case" Mercilus would be a ballsy pick. He's got the most pass rush ability in the nation last year. Not over 4 years but he was the best at getting sacks, most recently. just gotta hop e he can learn the r est of the job over time.

Why? They don't need a G or another first round OL, period.

Not saying I want Decastro in the first, but I thought Decastro was more of a possibility than Martin was. Honestly I'm happy he's not on this list we don't need another 1st rounder on this OL. Just a little surprised that's all

Not saying I want Decastro in the first, but I thought Decastro was more of a possibility than Martin was. Honestly I'm happy he's not on this list we don't need another 1st rounder on this OL. Just a little surprised that's all

Wow didn't even notice Martin visited.

That what is making this draft so interesting. I've been pretty much able to predict Tanny's 1st round picks since he's been here. I was dead set on DBrick and loved it the whole time. I knew we were going corner next year but no clued they'd trade up for the possible goat but knew corner. As much as I hated Gholston, knew he'd be the pick because of how the draft would fall. Sanchez came out of no where. I can remember agreeing with Aten that Wilson would be our pick even though I was praying JPP or McCourty would fall to us. And knew we'd take Mo Wilk if he was three.

Interesting enough, the Jets have drafted 3 straight season taking the guy I wanted nothing to do with...Gholston, Sanchez, Wilson...and then finally took my guy with Mo Wilk. My guess is they will take either Ingram or Poe because those are the two I dont want to touch but Poe hasnt visited...so its probably Ingram.

That what is making this draft so interesting. I've been pretty much able to predict Tanny's 1st round picks since he's been here. I was dead set on DBrick and loved it the whole time. I knew we were going corner next year but no clued they'd trade up for the possible goat but knew corner. As much as I hated Gholston, knew he'd be the pick because of how the draft would fall. Sanchez came out of no where. I can remember agreeing with Aten that Wilson would be our pick even though I was praying JPP or McCourty would fall to us. And knew we'd take Mo Wilk if he was three.

Interesting enough, the Jets have drafted 3 straight season taking the guy I wanted nothing to do with...Gholston, Sanchez, Wilson...and then finally took my guy with Mo Wilk. My guess is they will take either Ingram or Poe because those are the two I dont want to touch but Poe hasnt visited...so its probably Ingram.

Why no love for Ingram?

Why no love for Ingram?

I've watched quite a bit of Ingram. Especially after the start he had to the season. Started keying in on him when I'd watch the gamecocks, which is quite a bit because I love the old ball coach. He doesnt do one thing great. He's a freak athlete who is a tweener that doesnt have that one aspect of his game that stands out. Eventhough he does quite a few things well.

Put it this way, if the Jets drafted Melvin Ingram, everyone would expect him to be the next premier pass rusher and he's just not...IMHO. He might end up being a useful player that can do many things but our search for a pass rusher would still be on. His height worries me too. Playing outside in this system I think he'll have a hard time disengaging. Which is also why I'm not sure he's going to be a great hand in the dirt player.

I dunno. Overall, if Rex drafts a player on D in the first, they obviously got his stamp of approval and thats good enough for me. But I'm concerned about how his game will translate at the next level.

I've watched quite a bit of Ingram. Especially after the start he had to the season. Started keying in on him when I'd watch the gamecocks, which is quite a bit because I love the old ball coach. He doesnt do one thing great. He's a freak athlete who is a tweener that doesnt have that one aspect of his game that stands out. Eventhough he does quite a few things well.

Put it this way, if the Jets drafted Melvin Ingram, everyone would expect him to be the next premier pass rusher and he's just not...IMHO. He might end up being a useful player that can do many things but our search for a pass rusher would still be on. His height worries me too. Playing outside in this system I think he'll have a hard time disengaging. Which is also why I'm not sure he's going to be a great hand in the dirt player.

I dunno. Overall, if Rex drafts a player on D in the first, they obviously got his stamp of approval and thats good enough for me. But I'm concerned about how his game will translate at the next level.

TBH, there really arent any premier pass rushers in this draft.

Argh why does no one like Nick Perry?

I like Perry, I just think he's a boom or bust pick. Hes got the athleticism and frame to dominate and if you watch him play he's very explosive. The only knock on him is that he doesnt have many pass rush moves and is a speed rusher who rushes wide a lot and it's hard to do play that game in the NFL I mean look at maybin.

David DeCastro should be the pick if he's available. There's no doubt he'll be a perennial all-pro. Guards are terribly undervalued considering their in game impact. Adding DeCastro would immediately put the Jets O-line amongst the top lines in the league and enable them to run and pass more effectively. DeCastro gave up just one sack in his college career and has a nasty streak. Slotting him between Nick and Brick will make the left side of the line ridiculous.

David DeCastro should be the pick if he's available. There's no doubt he'll be a perennial all-pro. Guards are terribly undervalued considering their in game impact. Adding DeCastro would immediately put the Jets O-line amongst the top lines in the league and enable them to run and pass more effectively. DeCastro gave up just one sack in his college career and has a nasty streak. Slotting him between Nick and Brick will make the left side of the line ridiculous.

Mansih, is that you??

http://www.sulia.com/channel/football/f/1fcf693c-ac44-4dbf-b635-ebd3ee3c7166/?source=twitter

Manish Mehta

Also In New York Jets

• #Jets have been linked to Ingram, Upshaw, Barron, Coples &Chandler Jones. Here's an out-of-the-box 1st-round pick: ... Although the Jets have several key holes to fill on defense (pass rusher and safety), how about Stanford guard David DeCastro, who could be a staple along the interior line for the next decade? It's not the first area of need for NYJ, but DeCastro could be an exceptional piece for Sparano's ground-and-pound offense.

Part of the reason you can say things like "no doubt he'll be a ten year All Pro" about DeCastro is that OLmen tend to make it on reputation. I can't name an OLman as hyped as DeCastro since Thomas, another guy who's got a spot on the All Pro team no matter what.

I just don't know....You get DeCastro and you have to sit either Moore or Slauson

Not too sure if the Jets can afford to take a position that we presently have solid starters in place

If we draft Decastro we might move Slauson to RT and when Moore becomes a free agent next year, Decastro will fill his spot.

dont worry the jets will blow this draft and go for Upshaw a 3rd down player

You couldn't be more wrong about Upshaw. How is he a 3rd down player? Are you suggesting that his game is only about pass rushing, and he doesn't have the skills to stop the run? Quite the opposite. If anything, he's going to be a Bryan Thomas type of player- strong against the run, and able to produce 6-8 sacks a year. He's not going to be a 15 sack per year guy most likely, but he is a very well rounded defender.

That said, I don't love the guy, but I certainly wouldn't consider it to be a mistake. I would rather draft Upshaw at 16 than trade the 1st and 2nd to draft Ingram.

See who's there at 16-- if Barron, Ingram, DeCastro, Cox or somehow Richardson is there- draft them. If not, drop back 4-8 spots and add some more picks.

Simple!

Even as a "worst case" Mercilus would be a ballsy pick. He's got the most pass rush ability in the nation last year. Not over 4 years but he was the best at getting sacks, most recently. just gotta hop e he can learn the r est of the job over time.

I wonder if he might be the pick. Cimini recently hinted that they like him. The team seems to like drafting Big Ten players, along with athletes who were highly productive in college. Would be the first time they've kept the guy they like quiet, which would be interesting for a change of pace. He certainly has a lot of pass rushing upside.

I wonder if he might be the pick. Cimini recently hinted that they like him. The team seems to like drafting Big Ten players, along with athletes who were highly productive in college. Would be the first time they've kept the guy they like quiet, which would be interesting for a change of pace. He certainly has a lot of pass rushing upside.

Trusting anything Cimini says is like spitting in your had and hoping it turns into gold. He is really one of the worst reporters in the country. I am personally offended by his antics because I just graduated with a journalism degree. Honestly the guy has not ethics whatsoever. So I really recommend, for your benefit, don't trust anything he says. In fact things people come up with on this board are more reliable than what Dick aka Jayson Blair, Cimini comes up with.

Trusting anything Cimini says is like spitting in your had and hoping it turns into gold. He is really one of the worst reporters in the country. I am personally offended by his antics because I just graduated with a journalism degree. Honestly the guy has not ethics whatsoever. So I really recommend, for your benefit, don't trust anything he says. In fact things people come up with on this board are more reliable than what Dick aka Jayson Blair, Cimini comes up with.

Generally, I agree. His prospect lists are usually good though. Interested to see who's on his final list, because each of the last few years the Jets have drafted someone on the last list he puts out.

it's gonna be ingram 1st choice mercilus 2nd choice. they might trade up for ingram. if coples falls they'd think hard about it, that dude was dominant in Mobile. Whether he gives full effort or not, the times he does, is julius peppers level great.

Hey bit, (can I call ya bit? all the cool people in here are) why are you so high on Ingram, or are you as high on him as you believe Tanny&co are? I personally like Coples, Upshaw, Ingram in that order. I'm just not seeing how Ingram is worth moving up for.

Archived