Another Boring Tebow rant, TL, please don't read or respond...

Jet-T's

TALKING TEBOW: "I thought it was a good trade, and I feel even better about it now. When you can add a guy

with his competitiveness and success and work ethic and energy, from a GM's perspective, that's a dream type

of person you want to add to your locker room." - Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum on acquiring Tebow, in a recent interview with The Associated Press.

The Jets held their annual Family Night practice Tuesday and perhaps the biggest cheers of the night from a

crowd of 2,500 came when Tebow tossed a football into a trash can in the back of the end zone - after he,

Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy and Matt Simms spent about 10 minutes trying to be the first to do it.

==================

"I would cut Tebow: it's just not in any way, shape or form benefiting this team.

I just don't see how it benefits this team." -- Boomer Esiason

However, the Jets Owner/Coaches/Players don't agree with has-been QB and idiot-commentator Boomer.

Which of those two should carry more weight on Tebow's 'team' value?

Does Boomer really have a clue about Tebow, or is he just another clueless headlines whore?

If Boomer can list Tebow's Bronco Team and NFL Records, then I might take his opinion on Tebow

seriously, (not likely).

On an otherwise 4-14 team that was using a 7-8 year Vet QB, Tebow took them to 9-7 with a Playoff win.

That's without getting the 'starter reps' during either preseason, sandwiched between an 'off season lockout.'

And with a 2011 8-5 season without the 2010 Top 2 WR's or their best receiving RB.

Tebow 9-7 for an otherwise 4-14 donkey team.

Passing - 2,835 yds, 15.3 yds/comp, 20 TD's, 9 Ints, PER 77.7

Rushing - 180 for 950 yds, 5.3 ypc, 13 TD's, 6 Lost Poss. Fumbles.

Max Redundance - until if finally sinks in for some:

Total - 580 plays for 3,785 yds, 6.5 yds/play, 33 TD's to 15 Turnovers 77.7 PER.

(supposedly proves that he can't play QB) WTF?

Saint John El' Dimway's rookie season was 7 TD's to 14 Ints with a 54 PER for comparison.

"I just think this whole thing -- at least from my perspective right now in relation to who (starting QB)

Mark Sanchez is, your starting quarterback -- is a major mistake." -- Boomer

This seems to me to be saying that Boomer doesn't think that Mark can handle the pressure,

of having a backup QB behind him that has proven able to 'get the job done' at this level.

(I don't agree with Boomer on that either, Mark seems to be handling it just fine so far)

Boomers next comment seems to me to confirm that belief.

"Three weeks ago I said cut Tim Tebow," he said. "The reason I say that is because of the distraction.

I told that to (Head Coach Rex Ryan), I told that to (Offensive Coordinator Tony Sparano). Both of

them ooze with confidence about you and who you are as player, who you are as a teammate which

is a credit to you.

Tebow's Jets preseason stats, with mostly the 2nd teamers and in a very vanilla offense:

Passing - 9 of 22, 40% (with several 'hit both hands' receiver drops) for 96 yds, 10.7 yds/comp, 1 Int.

Running - 6 for 39 yds, 6.5 ypc, mostly running for his life behind crappy OL/TE/RB play blocking.

* Playing with the second team, there have been some hiccups. In the scrimmage on Saturday,

two different receivers dropped catchable passes from Tebow - passes that a Santonio Holmes or

Stephen Hill might easily have been able to handle. And so it goes....

That's operating with the many disadvantages while beginning his 3rd NFL season on a new team.

So far Tebow has only taken a handful of snaps with the 1st squad and none of them of the wildcat

variety. And then there have been the snaps from backup center Caleb Schlauderaff, quite a few of

which have gone astray.

"This is my third offense in three years. So if I stay at this pace, I'll know all of them pretty soon.

I feel like I'm getting better at all my weaknesses, and those are really the things I'm really working

hard every single day to get better at and that excites me." -- Tebow

"I think when you get out there and you put Tim in the game, I'm pretty sure I know what's going

to happen," Sparano said.

"I think more than anything you would want people to say, 'There's someone that helps the

team win football games,'" Tebow told Boomer.

* And that's already an 'on the field' NFL 9-7 Fact.

Finally, the results of that 'hard work' is that everyone agrees that Tim continues to 'get better' every day.

And I don't really G-a-S about his 'life style' because I've watched him play and WIN for years now as a QB.

Here's a clue/hint for the Jets Coaches and Management to consider, unless they have

been sand-bagging us and everyone else during this preseason (which is possible I guess).

IF your OL can't sustain blocking on a consistent basis.

IF your TE's are marginal receivers at best and can't block worth diddly.

IF your RB's can't see, understand, or pick up the blitz and block it.

Then a multiple option system with a 'strong' QB in the shotgun gives you the best chance to win some

games. It's either that, or you can continue to stand in the pocket while getting your 'team' butts kicked.

PS

Tim Hasselbeck says that Tim is still 'holding the ball to long' and it's a problem.

Hassel had 5 TD's to 7 Ints in his long and glorious 6 season NFL QB career so we should all

listen to his 'vast knowledge' criticism. (Tebow 20 TD's to 9 Ints while 'holding' the ball to long)

Hasselbeck and Boomer should be dating by now....

Tebow's 33 sacks in 2011 were from him holding the ball to long, not from piss-poor OL blocking

or the donkey's young backup receivers being unable to run correct routes or get open.

Archived