Ryan To Takeover Defense Play Calling

JetNation

I doubt at this point Thurman really cares much.  He got his Asst HC title for prestige, and his paycheck probably more then doubled

If history of last 2 years is any indicator, he would have just had it yanked from him midseason anyways. saved the humiliation :)

Thats why Pettine left!!!!!!!!!!

The last 2 years (after Pettine got play calling duties) Rex took the duties back mid-season both times. In each case the Def got better. 

Pettine was probably told by Rex, "I took it back 2 years in a row now, in 2012 I am calling plays"

I heard Pettine was pissed he lost play calling duties last 2 years, but f**k him, the D got better when Rex took over in each case.

Makes sense.  And, yeah, phuck him.  Rex as HC and Pettine as DC is like pairing the Peter Principle with the Fibonacci Spiral. 

Makes sense.  And, yeah, phuck him.  Rex as HC and Pettine as DC is like pairing the Peter Principle with the Fibonacci Spiral. 

You can really over rate a DC when their  smart HC is from a def background (HC belicheck = DC mangini, HC Rex = DC Pettine)

I doubt at this point Thurman really cares much.  He got his Asst HC title for prestige, and his paycheck probably more then doubled

He said he didnt care when he was asked the day he was promoted.  "I dont care who calls the play, it doesnt matter to me".

But dont let that stand in the way of the mob.  Wrecks is the devil. 

Archived