Namath's take on Rex Ryan

shhwagah

That was Dan Henning doing the trick plays and unpredictable offense with the Dolphins from 2008-2010. He ran the same offense with the Jets in 2000 and with Carolina after that when they went to the super bowl.

Now Rex might have thought it was soprano running that offense on the Dolphins from 2008-2010, but it wasn't.

It was David Lee with Henning that started it with the Fins but I agree Henning used it before with the Panthers.. The first team to use it was the Vikings in 1998 when Randall Cunningham was the QB and Brian Billick was the Vikes OC.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows why he brought him in? He did oversee a Dolphin team that improved, was inventive and found different ways to creat offense and score points with little talent. But obviously Rex didn't look deep into it enough to figure out how and why it happened and gave the wrong guy too much credit. I always wondered how much of this hire was from influence by Parcells. He was a confidant

/advisor to Rex, he hired Sporano twice before, did he sell him to Rex?

No matter what a huge mistake on Rex's part, totally agree here.

all fair points.   I thought the Sparano hire was a good one.   Worked with Chad etc....  well, disaster.

That was Dan Henning doing the trick plays and unpredictable offense with the Dolphins from 2008-2010. He ran the same offense with the Jets in 2000 and with Carolina after that when they went to the super bowl.

Now Rex might have thought it was soprano running that offense on the Dolphins from 2008-2010, but it wasn't.

And it was someone else, QB David Lee, that convinced all to use the wildcat offense.

Archived