With Jets QB Geno Smith getting the start against the Giants, should Mark Sanchez be packing his bags?

DivaMarky

I guess we can chalk it up as a rookie mistake and learning period. Hell, Tannehill still stares down receivers and people act like he's the next Montana. All in all, he needs time. Which is difficult to give him cause the state the franchise is in. Also, he has a pretty high ceiling he just needs more reps and game time experience, I imagine the game is going like 100 miles for him right now. He just needs to calm down and get a feel for the speed of the game.

Rookie mistakes are different from poor skill. His throws were off, and lacked zip. Staring down receivers, fine.. Mark does it all day long. 

Tannehill? Montana? What? Tannehill sucks too. 

I hope you're right. I will assume by your av that you know more about Geno than I do, and in that I will hope that your optimism for him is founded and that i end up being apologetic for thinking he is utter garbage as a quarterback.

That the sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes. 

I think it's a bit more than that.

When a team drafts a QB in round 1, they are almost definitely committing to him for a couple of seasons at a minimum.

When a team drafts a QB after round 1, they like the kid as a prospect but aren't willing to bet the whole franchise on him.

Nothing more than that.

For example, Harbaugh LOVED Kaepernick as a prospect.  Still wasn't going to trade up to #20 overall to grab him.  They traded up a bit, but in the end they took him at almost the exact spot that the Jets took Smith. 

Rookie mistakes are different from poor skill. His throws were off, and lacked zip. Staring down receivers, fine.. Mark does it all day long. 

Tannehill? Montana? What? Tannehill sucks too. 

I hope you're right. I will assume by your av that you know more about Geno than I do, and in that I will hope that your optimism for him is founded and that i end up being apologetic for thinking he is utter garbage as a quarterback.

Ever been on a dolphins forum or watch espn, they swear like Tannehill is amazing. Anyway, I watched a lot of Geno and honestly he was really good in college. His early game numbers were absolutely insane. He was posting madden like numbers and was scoring a sh*t ton. He needs time though, not every qb learns at the same pace, hell Peyton sucked ass his rookie years. You also gotta remember that he's not a read option qb so he actually has to go through a lot of his progressions and is going to have to go against a tougher pass defense. You can't compare him to rg3, wilson, or kaepernick cause that wouldn't be fair seeing as how he's not a read option qb.

I think it's a bit more than that.

When a team drafts a QB in round 1, they are almost definitely committing to him for a couple of seasons at a minimum.

When a team drafts a QB after round 1, they like the kid as a prospect but aren't willing to bet the whole franchise on him.

Nothing more than that.

For example, Harbaugh LOVED Kaepernick as a prospect.  Still wasn't going to trade up to #20 overall to grab him.  They traded up a bit, but in the end they took him at almost the exact spot that the Jets took Smith. 

I don't argue your point at all. I am in complete agreement. And I wanted Geno in rd 1 when it was the early discussion here. Now I apologize, and wish we could have our pick back. The thought that if we landed Austin with our first pick, and Dee was off the board... what would have happened next scares me. 

Ever been on a dolphins forum or watch espn, they swear like Tannehill is amazing. Anyway, I watched a lot of Geno and honestly he was really good in college. His early game numbers were absolutely insane. He was posting madden like numbers and was scoring a sh*t ton. He needs time though, not every qb learns at the same pace, hell Peyton sucked ass his rookie years. You also gotta remember that he's not a read option qb so he actually has to go through a lot of his progressions and is going to have to go against a tougher pass defense. You can't compare him to rg3, wilson, or kaepernick cause that wouldn't be fair seeing as how he's not a read option qb.

I don't do anything with dolphin fans. And ESPN sucks almost as bad as geno. 

Please, never ever mention Peyton and Geno in the same like again. Thank you.

Seeing Geno not under center was pretty hilarious. Lets run screens so the defense doesn't murder Geno!

I don't do anything with dolphin fans. And ESPN sucks almost as bad as geno. 

Please, never ever mention Peyton and Geno in the same like again. Thank you.

Seeing Geno not under center was pretty hilarious. Lets run screens so the defense doesn't murder Geno!

How about Geno and Tom Brady then. Tom Brady was riding the bench his rookie season.

I don't argue your point at all. I am in complete agreement. And I wanted Geno in rd 1 when it was the early discussion here. Now I apologize, and wish we could have our pick back. The thought that if we landed Austin with our first pick, and Dee was off the board... what would have happened next scares me. 

LOL.

Look, it was one game.  One AWFUL game where he looked clueless, but one game nonetheless.  I've seen Sanchez have worse games, with several games as a pro already under his belt at the time, and still you have people saying that unlike Geno, Sanchez has EARNED the right to start.

Look at the bright side.  If it's a foregone conclusion that he was a wasted pick, then we can dispense with the nonsense that we have to worry about ruining him by starting him too soon (since he was drafted pre-ruined).

See how easy that was?

LOL.

Look, it was one game.  One AWFUL game where he looked clueless, but one game nonetheless.  I've seen Sanchez have worse games, with several games as a pro already under his belt at the time, and still you have people saying that unlike Geno, Sanchez has EARNED the right to start.

Look at the bright side.  If it's a foregone conclusion that he was a wasted pick, then we can dispense with the nonsense that we have to worry about ruining him by starting him too soon (since he was drafted pre-ruined).

See how easy that was?

I like you cause you don't make me want to pull a murder suicide. I honestly expected you to say his performance wasn't that bad. 

That actually made me feel better. Damn. Geno is no w the wasted pick I shall expect NOTHING from again.

I was so excited for today. SOOO excited. Grinning ear to ear like a moron, proclaiming to my pals as we bbq'ed that the new era was here today and that Geno would in fact lead us to the promised land and start it today by showing that he was a rookie with great poise and skill. Then he put that mickey mouse performance together where I got ridiculed and heckled in my own Got damn house. So sorry for my dislike for Geno the Most Annoying Face Ever Smith.

I like you cause you don't make me want to pull a murder suicide. I honestly expected you to say his performance wasn't that bad. 

That actually made me feel better. Damn. Geno is no w the wasted pick I shall expect NOTHING from again.

I was so excited for today. SOOO excited. Grinning ear to ear like a moron, proclaiming to my pals as we bbq'ed that the new era was here today and that Geno would in fact lead us to the promised land and start it today by showing that he was a rookie with great poise and skill. Then he put that mickey mouse performance together where I got ridiculed and heckled in my own Got damn house. So sorry for my dislike for Geno the Most Annoying Face Ever Smith.

Your friends were right to point and laugh at you.  

When you get older you learn to only bet on sure things.  And even if you bet on something that isn't, at least keep your mouth closed until you know something.  Then you can still do the whole "I was never convinced he was anything" routine and - to the untrained eye - look smarter than you are.

That's what Uncle Spermie does.

Your friends were right to point and laugh at you.  

When you get older you learn to only bet on sure things.  And even if you bet on something that isn't, at least keep your mouth closed until you know something.  Then you can still do the whole "I was never convinced he was anything" routine and - to the untrained eye - look smarter than you are.

That's what Uncle Spermie does.

I am a Jets fan. I don't do the smart thing when it comes to football. I went to the rex school of stupidity. I make big claims that can't possibly be true, then feel bad about them later on.

Archived