Who is your Darrell Bevell?

SenorGato

Jay Gruden - love what he's done with an average QB in Cinci.  Like the weaponz they've found up there, if he had anything to do with it I'd like that type of eye for talent here.  Like his pedigree.  I've heard stories about him and John staying up all night breaking down every QB in the league.  Guy is a Football junkie, comes from an offensive background, I like how he changes the philosphy per game as oppossed to a Bevell who's going to do the same thing game in and game out.  Respected around the league so I think he'd be able to bring in a solid staff.

Other than that, I've got nothing.  Bevell is the popular name because of the connection but he really hasnt done anything to warrant the hype.

After the Bengals take a dump in the playoffs... and Marvin Lewis gets fired, I can totally see Jay Gruden getting a HC gig, and hiring Zimmer or Marvin as his DC. 

That would work for me. We'd get an offensive-minded coach, and we'd actually upgrade at DC if we got Zimmer. Possibly Lewis too.

Archived