D. Baldwin, Joique Bell, Bobby Rainey RFA's.. Worth an offer?

eboozer

Doug Baldwin's #'s are not depth chart filler....

REC YDS TD AVG LONG

50       778 5   15.6    52

50 catches, 700 yards and 5 TDs is not the type of production you give up a veteran contract and a draft pick for. 

These are routine #3 or #4 WR stats. You can sign several of the available FA WRs right now, get those numbers, and keep your draft pick.

Doug Baldwin's #'s are not depth chart filler....

REC YDS TD AVG LONG

50       778 5   15.6    52

Brandon Lafell or James Jones - similar stats - wouldn't cost as much to acquire.

RFA's are only worth acquiring IF they are studs, and even then it's sometimes not worth the cost. 

Brandon Lafell or James Jones - similar stats - wouldn't cost as much to acquire.

RFA's are only worth acquiring IF they are studs, and even then it's sometimes not worth the cost. 

Listen, I'm just throwing it out for discussion. I understand RFA has downside... If you can get a player for a 3rd or 4th(like Ivory)  it may be worth not having to wait a year or two for a rookie to catch up to the speed of the game. We've got over a month until FA and 3 months until Draft. Just shootin' the sh*t.

N.B. James Jones turns 30 next month, if I'm not mistaken. LaFell would be a better option. Should cost more, but no pick required.

Listen, I'm just throwing it out for discussion. I understand RFA has downside... If you can get a player for a 3rd or 4th(like Ivory)  it may be worth not having to wait a year or two for a rookie to catch up to the speed of the game. We've got over a month until FA and 3 months until Draft. Just shootin' the sh*t.

N.B. James Jones turns 30 next month, if I'm not mistaken. LaFell would be a better option. Should cost more, but no pick required.

James Jones is far more talented than Lafell. Like night and day. His stats were down this year, because of his injury and Rodgers injury. I threw him in there to see how you responded... and by your logic, you'd dismiss Jones a superior player, in favor of Lafell, because he's going to be 30. Ridiculous, imo.

James Jones is far more talented than Lafell. Like night and day. His stats were down this year, because of his injury and Rodgers injury. I threw him in there to see how you responded... and by your logic, you'd dismiss Jones a superior player, in favor of Lafell, because he's going to be 30. Ridiculous, imo.

But you'd rather draft a 21 yr. old with no professional experience than give up a 3rd rd. pick for an established WR. You can't have it both ways.... Doubly ridiculous.

But you'd rather draft a 21 yr. old with no professional experience than give up a 3rd rd. pick for an established WR. You can't have it both ways.... Doubly ridiculous.

You'd find your time here on JN less contentious if you paid attention to what people are saying.

You want us to give up a veteran WR contract and a draft pick to Doug Baldwin, because he's a RFA.

I'm saying it's much better for the team to give the veteran contract to an unrestricted FA WR, like Lafell or James Jones for example, and then keep our draft pick to be used to address the over-arching issues this team has... which is a complete lack of talent and depth.

See, in the approach I'm advocating, you come away with both an immediate solution from free agency - as well as the investment in the future from the draft.

There's really nothing else I can say about this, if you still don't get it - or choose to counter with some obtuse counter argument for the sake of driving this towards dispute, it's on you.

Archived