Browner A Pat

F.Chowds

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to teach you a lesson or anything.  I am pointing out that this guy is going on other visits despite the press announcing he signed with years and money.  Just like Pettigrew there is a decent chance he signs elsewhere.  If there is one thing we know it is that media is full of sh*t.  Especially with twitter.  It's all a race with very little fact checking.

I dontdon't mind a lesson being taught, iI think we were just lost in translation. I literally thought that it was stated that we offered him something, 

I'm not trying to teach you a lesson or anything.  I am pointing out that this guy is going on other visits despite the press announcing he signed with years and money.  Just like Pettigrew there is a decent chance he signs elsewhere.  If there is one thing we know it is that media is full of sh*t.  Especially with twitter.  It's all a race with very little fact checking.

I also think it's a free for all these days and everybody is on twitter so crap gets said long before any deal is signed.  AKA player loves the idea of playing for said team, tells a buddy,  some media type overhears a conversation or is buddy buddy with one of the players friend and suddenly we read on Twitter that so and so signs.       But said Player talks to agent and agent is pissed.

I bet that happened with Revis.  He wasn't sure about the deal, told his manager, but agent thought the deal was the best deal, and convinced him to sign.

Crap like this happens all the time, except now people post stuff on twitter before any official deal is signed.   And some players get "smacked" by their agents because they aren't exactly smart when it comes to money and finances.   It's why they hired a damn agent in the first place.     It's also why there are far more backtracks these days or teams trying to ban social media posts.   

If a player has a lot of interest, but the agent wants to hold out for a better deal, it sure doesn't help if some media type overhears things and assumes it's a done deal.  It might have been for the player, it might be a bad idea to an agent.   And so it goes.  

Archived