Salary Cap and FA info on Jets: FYI

32EBoozer

Perhaps. I couldn't say what he would or wouldn't do. He may feel some desperate semi-contender might overpay more than that based on hoping he'll visit the fountain of 2010. It's not like he's old so he can absolutely still rebound and have more very good seasons left.We have plenty of space to keep him this year at his current number. That's not the problem. The problem is if a left tackle is going to play at a meh/inconsistent level then that needs to be offset by better play at another position that is otherwise meh.It's not just that it's 2 seasons. It's that it's the past 2 seasons, which can be construed as a downward trend that may continue and be even worse. It's better to get out a year earlier than a year or more too late.

You certainly have a hard on for Brick. Leave it alone dude. You cannot name a better replacement. That generally means, we need to go with what we have.

Ellis is one guy that we do not have to replace.  We already have Snacks and I actually like what Barnes showed in limited snaps.  I don't think any team needs 3 guys over 350 lbs. 

I completely disagree. No real football reason to disagree, I've just got much love for the big fellas. Because you what you get when you get a big man play? you get a big man dance.

You certainly have a hard on for Brick. Leave it alone dude. You cannot name a better replacement. That generally means, we need to go with what we have.

Or you could leave it alone. Not everyone has to agree that games played = games played well. By objective measuring he's been so-so in pass blocking and well below average in run blocking. The team should try to upgrade and only go with him if that attempt is unsuccessful.

Same as with any position where the under-contract starter isn't already awesome (e.g. Richardson, Mangold), a young high potential guy not yet there but who's trending upward (e.g. Amaro), or a high priced vet who's at least ok to very good but with lots of guaranteed $ still coming (e.g. Decker). Brick is none of those. He's not the only one; he's just the one being discussed.

I actually like him. I would just like him to play better than he has for the past 2 seasons and counting.

What's the opinion on Colt McCoy? He's a UFA this year apparently. Im personally not sold on Winston or Marriota. The 2nd round guys might be reaches. What I'm saying is I don't think there's a franchise QB this year. I don't think he's awful. Haven't seen him mentioned too much here.

No

That's my thought on Colt McCoy.

I'd be more on board with McCoy than trading a draft pick to TB as some have suggested on this board. Glennon would likely cost us a 3rd or 4th rd. pick.

Sign McCoy or Matt Moore and let them battle Geno for starting gig along with whoever you take in this yrs. draft.

Ugh my f'n God that is such a gay gameplan.  Glennon is easily better than Colt McCoy or Matt Moore.

Sanchez and Geno are better than McCoy and Matt Moore.

Archived