The SB conclusion was the greatest thing to happen to Rodger Goodell.

Villain The Foe

With just a simple terrible play call, the football consciousness just stopped caring about Deflategate and is completely engulfed with everything Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll and their terrible play call at the end of the game. 

Its amazing how the Pats just went from being exposed to being the darlings of the football world and how Rodger just dodged one. I can't believe what I'm seeing. 

only if they are clear in deflate-gate

if he has to come out and punish them now, everyone will be in an uproar that they should not have been allowed to play

a hawks win was his best result

I feel you not that, but he was obviously not as concerned about that because he was willing to hold off the investigation until after the SB. Having them win in this fashion, with Bevell's enormous brainfart, Goodell could possibly go light with the punishment hand down given that people are not as on top of deflate gate as they were just 12 hours ago. 

I was already confirmed years ago that these guys will never be held accountable for cheating the entire league for years, and now they're probably not going to be held accountable to deflating footballs possibly as far back as 2007. 

Archived