Minicamp Injury Updates

JetNation

Darrin Walls

Here are some injury updates from Todd Bowles:

On Brandon Marshall taking himself out of practice early…

He had a sore toe. I think he stubbed it. It was towards the end of practice so I think he just came out.

On whether he has details on Darrin Walls and Zach Sudfeld getting hurt today…

Not yet. I came straight here. I have to check on them after this.

Dom Cosentino gives this injury update on NJ.com:

Injured players at practice.

Tight end Jace Amaro (back) was in the rehab area throughout practice. Cornerback Dee Milliner (Achilles), safety Marcus Gilchrist (shoulder), running back Stevan Ridley (knee), and Colon (knee) were all limited.

Coach Bowles also mentioned Darrin Walls as someone who stood out this offseason.

I don’t know if there are surprise players, guys I didn’t know as well being in a different conference. Just consistency-wise, Marcus Williams and (Darrin) Walls have been very consistent with their approach and they have very good instincts. That just stood out from what I saw this spring.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
BcSjjSKwkDo

View the full article

Revis, Cro, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Walls, Williams

give me a better group of corners in the NFL.

Truth be told, they could probably trade a guy like Walls for TE depth or something. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of Cumberland.

Cumberland doesn't have any fans.

Revis, Cro, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Walls, Williams

give me a better group of corners in the NFL.

Truth be told, they could probably trade a guy like Walls for TE depth or something.  As you can tell, I'm not a fan of Cumberland.

Our CB depth is amazing! We went from below average to way above average in one fell swoop this offseason. The trickle down theory will make this secondary amazing. Williams was getting better so a kid like Walls will be our 6th CB after STARTING.

Williams and Walls might of had trouble trying to stop starting WRs but now they'll be used in Nickle & dime defenses in Bowles scheme.

Bowles is a quiet guy but he has to be sky high thinking about this Dline & Secondary. Rex always talked about his defense being "multiple", well Mac has given Bowles more tools to work with & he has Milliner and McDougle coming off injuries plus Willams and a Walls who both got thrown into the fire but I'm sure learned a lot last year.

If These Linebackers come together as a group this defense could really be EPIC. I loved watching Arizona play defense the last 2 years, and the talent on this Jet squad is better than he had to work with in Zona.

Archived