Blowout Loss Leaves Jets Defense Looking for Answers

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   There weren’t supposed to be any Jets losses like this…34-20 at the hands of the Raiders.  Not this season.  Not after rookie General Manager Mike Maccagnan teamed with Head Coach Todd Bowles to import a virtual All-Star team on defense. All-Pro cornerbacks, a defensive line loaded with first-round talent, a true free […]

Click here to read the full story...

Fun & fair read. 

The homeymoon definitely came to a crashing halt; the response by both players & HC next week@ HOME against Jax may be a turning point for the season.

Geno is GAWD-AWFUL STAB ME IN THE EYE ATROCIOUS. 

Where was the defense today?   Bowles is supposed to be an innovative defensive mind and I saw a very talented totally overmatched group today.  

no pressure, no coverage, and no tackling.   Just a bad effort, poor play, and poor scheme.    This one was just bad all around.  

I like mo a lot but I don't see anyway he gets $10+ million / yr.  he's a nice player but doesn't dominate.   

The big thing I see is that the team doesn't do anything exceptionally welll.   We are a running team that can't run and are supposed to have a great secondary but can't cover.   This really was an alarming game.  

Archived