Hypothetical Trade Question

win4ever

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

Well I basicly get the concept, but like I said Im no cap guru.

But that 20mil the first year is what doesnt compute to me for us. If we are already on the hook for Wilk's 16mil, and we are at 3mil in extra cap, we would be up against the wall cap wise this year shelling out 20mil for somebody else in trade.

Maybe Im just seeing it wrong, Im effing tired, classes are making my brain mush...

If you trade Mo for Von Miller, you'd only have to pay for the one on the team. This isn't a keep Mo and acquire Von Miller scenario. I think that's where you're getting confused.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you trade Mo for Von Miller, you'd only have to pay for the one on the team. This isn't a keep Mo and acquire Von Miller scenario. I think that's where you're getting confused.

No, its just that Miller would cost more.

Wouldnt we have to honor his Denver contract if we aquired him? Or, could we re-do our own contract and figures.

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

No, its just that Miller would cost more.

Wouldnt we have to honor his Denver contract if we aquired him? Or, could we re-do our own contract and figures.

The only way the Jets would trade for Miller is with a new contract in hand and it could still save money on the cap THIS season. He's tagged just like Mo, so yes, they'd honor that but then they'd rip it right up and do a new contract with a ton of guaranteed money but a low base salary for 2016.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

The only way the Jets would trade for Miller is with a new contract in hand and it could still save money on the cap THIS season. He's tagged just like Mo, so yes, they'd honor that but then they'd rip it right up and do a new contract with a ton of guaranteed money but a low base salary for 2016.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Archived