Official Training Camp Thread(8/8/16)

Patriot Killa

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Genuine curiosity: was Geno doing this against the #1 defense? Most of the DBs mentioned in the tweets, if any were mentioned, were not our top 4 guys... I won't completely dismiss him beating up on those guys, because that's a good sign for him, but I hardly think this warrants the attempts some people are making to turn this into a thread from last month.

Peake, J. Marshall, Enunwa, Amaro, J. Marshall and Ross. If he's playing against non-starters, he also threw TDs to backups n rookies, save for Amaro. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

I gotta agree here.  I've been reading the camp tweets daily and it seems that Geno is having a better camp.  Granted, he isn't going up against starters, but that's not by choice and he's still doing what he has to do.

See my post above. 

33 minutes ago, slats said:

I can't imagine Geno resigning here unless he has that great run as a starter you're speculating about, and the Jets want to keep him as their starter. All around unlikely. The Jets have their QB of the future in Hackenberg and, even if Geno lit it up in relief of Fitz, Hack is the direction they're headed. 

No, I think Geno will be looking to get as far away from this team as he can when he hits free agency. Away from where he got his face broken, away from the team that didn't come to his defense, and away from a fan base that largely hates him. At a minimum, he'll land a backup job somewhere, and it's possible he'll get a chance to compete for a starting role on a really desperate team (like this year's Browns). 

Hack isn't the future until he shows promise that he can be. Year 1 won't tell us that. You can't call him the future just because he was a 2nd rounder When Petty was drafted people were calling him the future now most of you want him cut.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hack isn't the future until he shows promise that he can be. Year 1 won't tell us that. You can't call him the future just because he was a 2nd rounder When Petty was drafted people were calling him the future now most of you want him cut.

Maccagnan drafted Hackenberg in the second round because he believes that he has already shown that promise. He is significantly more representative of the future of this team than Geno Smith, or any other QB on the roster at this time. He may not live up to it, this is true, but I feel very comfortable referring to him that way today. People were hopeful about Petty, and some still are, but he was always a long shot to ever develop into a starter. Hackenberg is the guy they're tied to until they draft a QB in the first round. 

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Maccagnan drafted Hackenberg in the second round because he believes that he has already shown that promise. He is significantly more representative of the future of this team than Geno Smith, or any other QB on the roster at this time. He may not live up to it, this is true, but I feel very comfortable referring to him that way today. People were hopeful about Petty, and some still are, but he was always a long shot to ever develop into a starter. Hackenberg is the guy they're tied to until they draft a QB in the first round. 

Well as high as he was drafted I can understand why you would refer to him as such but remember this.. they also were worried he wouldn't be there in the 3rd round and/or they wouldn't be able to move up to take him, so that's why they snagged him so early. All and all though, you are correct that Maccaggan wanted him badly but they haven't been giving him many reps and the way Bowles was talking to the press yesterday, he said not every QB will play vs Jacksonville..aka Hackenburg. That leads me to believe they have confidence in his potential but refuse to let him play until he has confidence on the field. It's going to be awhile until we see Hackenburg play in the NFL and multiple things can happen within that amount of time. 3 years is a decade in sports. Josh Rosen comes out in 2 years as well. It all falls on him to show us promise from now to 2017/18. I got hope for the kid but we need to see progression first.

Archived