Do the Jets Allocate Enough Resources to the Coaching Staff?

varjet

This was really what I was getting at with my "What is the Head Coaches Job" Question.

It seems like other teams have a HC who leads (like Pete Carroll) but the Jets since Parcells have had a first time former DC HC who actually runs the defense with a half-weight running the offense?

Look at what Parcells had in HCing the Jets?  Charlie Weis and BB? And other good coaches.

Even Ryan had a good staff in his 2 AFCCG years.

I don't know if this is Woody being cheap or what, but no one could look at the Jets' Staff last year and think it was a A Team.

And the fact that, even though they supposedly knew Gailey was retiring the QB or RB coach cannot assume the OC job is not a good sign either.  Anthony Lynn went from RB coach to OC coach of the bills, and now could be their (or someone else's HC).

Hopefully the direction they are heading in is a better coaching staff, but keeping Kacy Rodgers is not a good sign.  Hopefully someone real take the OC job.

The names have been dropped.  If we end up with a no-name, that is the canary in the coal mine.

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

This was really what I was getting at with my "What is the Head Coaches Job" Question.

It seems like other teams have a HC who leads (like Pete Carroll) but the Jets since Parcells have had a first time former DC HC who actually runs the defense with a half-weight running the offense?

Look at what Parcells had in HCing the Jets?  Charlie Weis and BB? And other good coaches.

Even Ryan had a good staff in his 2 AFCCG years.

I don't know if this is Woody being cheap or what, but no one could look at the Jets' Staff last year and think it was a A Team.

And the fact that, even though they supposedly knew Gailey was retiring the QB or RB coach cannot assume the OC job is not a good sign either.  Anthony Lynn went from RB coach to OC coach of the bills, and now could be their (or someone else's HC).

Hopefully the direction they are heading in is a better coaching staff, but keeping Kacy Rodgers is not a good sign.  Hopefully someone real take the OC job.

The names have been dropped.  If we end up with a no-name, that is the canary in the coal mine.

Well, if you ask me for a straight answer, then I shall say that, as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing with another in terms of the average of departments, then in the final analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the other. As far as one can see, at this stage.

Does that answer you question ?

Archived