Jerry Jones On Needing DLine

KRL

Hey Jerry call us up again and let's discuss Richardson.  They should've traded for him at the deadline maybe they

would've beaten GB:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785491/article/cowboys-jerry-jones-in-search-of-some-war-daddies

Contrary to claims elsewhere, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones might actually have the best words and he debuted another set of them this weekend in an interview with 103.3 FM in Dallas.

No longer talking about circumcising the mosquito, Jones was discussing his team's need for a pass rusher when he passed the following along:

"If I have a chance to bring one of these premier pass rusher, one of these war daddies that takes two to block, if I have a chance to get a player like that, I would," Jones told the radio station, via The Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "It's not a question of that. It's a question of, where is he? And who gives him up if he's a veteran, or where is he in the draft, or where is he anywhere. So, yeah we do need pressure. We're going to try to do something about it."

War Daddies.

At the moment, Dallas' war daddies theoretically consist of Tyrone Crawford, Benson Mayowa, Maliek Collins and David Irving. Randy Gregory is out for at least a season. Demarcus Lawrence is recovering from another back ailment.

As Jones noted, "nobody gives up the ideal pass rusher," though last season some big names like Malik Jackson and Olivier Vernon changed teams. Jason Pierre-Paul, Calais Campbell, Jabaal Sheard, Chris Long, DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers and Chandler Jones among many others could hit the market this offseason depending on what goes down with their respective teams. All of them would provide an immediate upgrade in Dallas' defense.

Here's hoping Jones, who will be on the lower end of the salary cap spending spectrum this offseason, sees this as motivation to make a splash. No one operates quite like the magnanimous Cowboys owner, who always feels he is one move away from a championship. Now that he actually might be, get ready for some war daddies to be on the move.

Archived