Draft question for JIF.....Alex Anzalone

section314

I think he can play, if he can stay healthy.  He's a great athlete with very good instincts.  If I'm not mistaken, Dan Quinn recruited him during his short tenure at Florida as a 5 star.   I'm pretty sure he's played every LB positoin for the Gators too. 

He can run, he's got great instincts, very solid tackler who literally cant stay on the field.  He was injured his entire career at Florida.  The only concern that I have with him is outside of just tackling a bunch of people and making plays at the LOS...that's kind of all he did in college.  For a "3 down LB'er" he doesnt make plays in coverage, he's not a big sack guy...he's just makes tackles. 

If can avoid an NFL career on the trainers table, he could be a solid late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I think he can play, if he can stay healthy.  He's a great athlete with very good instincts.  If I'm not mistaken, Dan Quinn recruited him during his short tenure at Florida as a 5 star.   I'm pretty sure he's played every LB positoin for the Gators too. 

He can run, he's got great instincts, very solid tackler who literally cant stay on the field.  He was injured his entire career at Florida.  The only concern that I have with him is outside of just tackling a bunch of people and making plays at the LOS...that's kind of all he did in college.  For a "3 down LB'er" he doesnt make plays in coverage, he's not a big sack guy...he's just makes tackles. 

If can avoid an NFL career on the trainers table, he could be a solid late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick. 

Sounds like someone we know pretty well already.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Thanks. Other than the freaks...Garrett, Peppers and that Temple kid, this guy looked like the best pure athlete to me. However, the injury history would scare me off. 

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

Thanks. Other than the freaks...Garrett, Peppers and that Temple kid, this guy looked like the best pure athlete to me. However, the injury history would scare me off. 

He's a incredible athlete and he plays very aggressively.  The injury history is a real concern.  And I'm just not sure he's going to give you anything other than some tackles here and there.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's a incredible athlete and he plays very aggressively.  The injury history is a real concern.  And I'm just not sure he's going to give you anything other than some tackles here and there.

I will always defer to you on Gator players. Was just very impressed with him. He was putting a lot of the bigger name guys to shame yesterday.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

I will always defer to you on Gator players. Was just very impressed with him. He was putting a lot of the bigger name guys to shame yesterday.

Thanks!  Put it this way, of the Gators who are eligible to be drafted (that I think will actually get picked in the draft) AA is probably my least favorite because of his injury history. The kid is an incredible athlete but he's brittle. 

Jarrad Davis is the better prospect IMO. He was the heart of that Gators D. 

Just now, JiF said:

Thanks!  Put it this way, of the Gators who are eligible to be drafted (that I think will actually get picked in the draft) AA is probably my least favorite because of his injury history. The kid is an incredible athlete but he's brittle. 

Jarrad Davis is the better prospect IMO. He was the heart of that Gators D. 

Even though they are not winning like they used to, they still have talent that most teams would kill for.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Even though they are not winning like they used to, they still have talent that most teams would kill for.

Hey now!  Back to back SEC East Champs!!!!  It's a true honor getting to go to Atlanta to get blown out by Bama in back to back seasons. ;-)

The D has been great for the past 6 years.  We're really becoming DB-U.  Our secondary has produced player after player in the NFL.  Now if the offense can get back to where it once was, we're in business.  They need a QB.  Too many years of trying to find one at Florida.  Luckily, I think they've got a few very talented guys on the roster who can change that fate...it sounds like the tale of my favorite pro team, no? 

Just now, JiF said:

Hey now!  Back to back SEC East Champs!!!!  It's a true honor getting to go to Atlanta to get blown out by Bama in back to back seasons. ;-)

The D has been great for the past 6 years.  We're really becoming DB-U.  Our secondary has produced player after player in the NFL.  Now if the offense can get back to where it once was, we're in business.  They need a QB.  Too many years of trying to find one at Florida.  Luckily, I think they've got a few very talented guy on the roster who can change that fate...it sounds like the tale of my favorite pro team, no? 

Gators will win the National Championship way before the Jets win the Super Bowl. But that's not even fair.:D

Archived