Prepping for Trade Down, Jets Exploring Later Round 1 Options

JetNation

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

We need assets, and those assets would be even more valuable if we could used them to acquire even more/better assets even if we can't use them until the 2018 draft .  If we could trade a 2nd this year for a 1st rounder next year, then it would be worth it IMO. 

The trick is not adding the picks, it's using them wisely . Think about all the picks the Patriots have acquired over the years, how many of those picks play an important part in their active roster compared to all the players they have signed in free agency or traded for because those picks didn't pan out and the cap cost it incurs .

I am so happy that the vast majority of the Jets front office is made up of former scouts, not exec who don't know a football from a football .

Yes, I know what I just posted .

The problems in the past in a large degree have been when the FO didn't listen to the scouts. You are right on that.

Trade down in the first to w here it makes sense to take OT. Could you imagine if Howard slips to the middle of the first and with an extra second we grab an above average OT. High five.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Trading downinto the teens/getting an extra second and getting OJ Howard, Malik Hooker (if they fall), or grabbing Charles Harris (who should be there) would be ideal.

Or double trade down from 6 to teens to late first or out of first would be dream scenario for this team to be honest. 

Archived