QB's drafted top 10 in NFL Draft since 1983.

Lupz27

So I went back to the famous 1983 draft which is where all the hoopla about QB's really took off at the draft with 6 being taken in the 1st round, thou only 2 went top 10.

Since the 1983 NFL Draft only 1 QB who measured under 6'2" has been drafted in the top 10 picks of the 1st round, and that was Mike Vick who went #1 overall in the 2001 NFL draft, and I don't think I need to explain why he is the only exception at the QB position to get picked in the top 10 in the last 35 years, yes 35 years.

So it will be so Jetsy of the Jets to be the first team in 35 years to buck this trend, and take a QB at #3 which also cost us 3 2nd rounders who is yes under 6'2" to be exact 6'0" 3/8, or 6'0" 5/8 depending on which measurement you want to use the Senior Bowl, or Combine.  This QB can not run a 4.34 40 yard dash, he is not one of the most electrifying runners ever at any position, and he does not have a bazooka for an arm like the one guy who was drafted in the top 10 in the last 35 years, yet so many here want the Jets to still buck the 35 year trend, and draft this QB #3 overall, and their is literally 1 QB you can try to use to say it doesn't matter in Drew Brees, you guys want to compare him to a future HOFer who was tossed away by his original team because he didn't become a star right away, and also was a 2nd round pick.  Please do not insert Russell Wilson's name in this thread as a comparison, he is nowhere near the athlete Wilson is, and can not play the way Wilson plays.

You guys are all a bunch of fools if this is what you want the Jets to do, and the Jets are a bunch of fools if they even consider him at #3.  

35 Years!

Archived