Jets need to set the roster balance before the NFL Draft..

quietjets

I hate to dwell on draftees to salvage the poor Jets for 2006...

here what i thought of Jets' FA movement...

Sign:

Backus from Lions to play LT-- a respectable vet who can handle speedy DE better than Jones... Move Jones to RT where he will face the "Power" LE...

Fonoti from Vikings to play G-- Good size with a great balance.. like to knockdown defender..

Kampman from Packers to play LE-- Stronger than Ellis who will move to RE to replace JA whom Jets could not afford to keep...

Kemoeatu from Ravens to play DT-- perfect ideal size for 3-4. 6'5" 335lbs dude who played NT in replace of Gregg last year...

Fair from Rams to challenge Miller-- can do LCB and KOR like Miller... It is smart to invest small money in Fair to compete with Miller for lcb... If Miller suffers a sophomore jinx then Fair will take over LCB... If Miller does well at LCB then Fair will be his backup at lcb and full time KOR to keep Miller fresher for top competetion battling on left side.

Martin from Rams or Weinke from Panthers to be number 2 QB-- Despite Martin is not a winning qb, he is as smart as hell. he is able to understand plays without any problems... Weinke has good size with a respectable arm strength comparing to Bollinger and Pennington..

I hate to admit that i am not certain about how much will Jets spend on those mentioned free agents but I know Jets could not afford Hutchinson, Bernard, Woodson, Clemente or Brees.

I can see Kampman, Robertson, Kemoeatu and Ellis as front 4 in 4-3 scheme and Pouha, Kemoeatu and McChesney as front 3 in 3-4 scheme...

Kendall will become a valuable backup to Center and Guard positions and is a great upgrade to Goodwin. If he does not want to be a backup role then cut him.

I love to see Jets find a way to part with barrett and sign Azumah from Bears.

That way, Jets will take talented draftees for the future and one immediate impact starter at LB instead of trying to find 3-6 immediate starters... It is much easier.

Any thoughts?

Backus handle speed rushers? I'd really like to know when he was able to do that...

I did not watch him play but i heard plenty of high repututions about him... He is well known for allowing a few sacks annually. It is safe assumption to say that backus is better than Jones.

I did not watch him play but i heard plenty of high repututions about him... He is well known for allowing a few sacks annually. It is safe assumption to say that backus is better than Jones.

Jones has less experience. Backus, while he did play with an injury last year, isn't great. And the Lions will see fit to keep him, so I doubt the Jets will get a chance to get at him, as he'll be way too expensive. Why anyone would want anyone from the Lions offensive line... I don't get it.

I hate to dwell on draftees to salvage the poor Jets for 2006...

here what i thought of Jets' FA movement...

Sign:

Backus from Lions to play LT-- a respectable vet who can handle speedy DE better than Jones... Move Jones to RT where he will face the "Power" LE...

Fonoti from Vikings to play G-- Good size with a great balance.. like to knockdown defender..

Kampman from Packers to play LE-- Stronger than Ellis who will move to RE to replace JA whom Jets could not afford to keep...

Kemoeatu from Ravens to play DT-- perfect ideal size for 3-4. 6'5" 335lbs dude who played NT in replace of Gregg last year...

Fair from Rams to challenge Miller-- can do LCB and KOR like Miller... It is smart to invest small money in Fair to compete with Miller for lcb... If Miller suffers a sophomore jinx then Fair will take over LCB... If Miller does well at LCB then Fair will be his backup at lcb and full time KOR to keep Miller fresher for top competetion battling on left side.

Martin from Rams or Weinke from Panthers to be number 2 QB-- Despite Martin is not a winning qb, he is as smart as hell. he is able to understand plays without any problems... Weinke has good size with a respectable arm strength comparing to Bollinger and Pennington..

I hate to admit that i am not certain about how much will Jets spend on those mentioned free agents but I know Jets could not afford Hutchinson, Bernard, Woodson, Clemente or Brees.

I can see Kampman, Robertson, Kemoeatu and Ellis as front 4 in 4-3 scheme and Pouha, Kemoeatu and McChesney as front 3 in 3-4 scheme...

Kendall will become a valuable backup to Center and Guard positions and is a great upgrade to Goodwin. If he does not want to be a backup role then cut him.

I love to see Jets find a way to part with barrett and sign Azumah from Bears.

That way, Jets will take talented draftees for the future and one immediate impact starter at LB instead of trying to find 3-6 immediate starters... It is much easier.

Any thoughts?

Um, in case you haven't heard, the Jets are $30 million over the salary cap.

How in the hell would they sign those players?

Jones has less experience. Backus, while he did play with an injury last year, isn't great. And the Lions will see fit to keep him, so I doubt the Jets will get a chance to get at him, as he'll be way too expensive. Why anyone would want anyone from the Lions offensive line... I don't get it.

Actually, Lions have many talented players but Marcuccai could not get altogether in harmony.... That is why i never like Pooch.. It is not Lions' OL fault that Lions suck.

Jones is only one year short in pro than Backus... Backus has started almost every game since he was drafted... Backus played with high ankle sprain... If money is issue then forget him.

I heard that Jets may bring in Ashworth... Yuck! I am against bringing any Pats in... I dont care who is all pro or not.

Um, in case you haven't heard, the Jets are $30 million over the salary cap.

How in the hell would they sign those players?

I know... That is why i am uncertain about salary cap with those "new acquirastions".... I think Kampman and Backus will be expensive ones to sign because they are in upper echoln of the each position. I can see Jets obtain Fair and Kemoeatu.

Just out of curiosity, Does that 30 million over the cap exclude law, JA, and players' bonuses? If so, then forget it.

Actually, Lions have many talented players but Marcuccai could not get altogether in harmony.... That is why i never like Pooch.. It is not Lions' OL fault that Lions suck.

Jones is only one year short in pro than Backus... Backus has started almost every game since he was drafted... Backus played with high ankle sprain... If money is issue then forget him.

I heard that Jets may bring in Ashworth... Yuck! I am against bringing any Pats in... I dont care who is all pro or not.

I've been saying those exact words for the past couple years, and no one believed me.

I did say Backus was injured last season. But what about all the other seasons I've seen him play? You look at Joey's low sack totals, and you'd think "Hey! The Lions offensive line must be good!" Well... it's not. Joey usually got rid of the ball really quickly, either skipping the ball, throwing a bad pass, or just throwing it away. That's what he was taught to do. Get rid of it as fast as possible.

Money will be an issue. He's going to get paid, and paid well.

I've been saying those exact words for the past couple years, and no one believed me.

I did say Backus was injured last season. But what about all the other seasons I've seen him play? You look at Joey's low sack totals, and you'd think "Hey! The Lions offensive line must be good!" Well... it's not. Joey usually got rid of the ball really quickly, either skipping the ball, throwing a bad pass, or just throwing it away. That's what he was taught to do. Get rid of it as fast as possible.

Money will be an issue. He's going to get paid, and paid well.

Actually, I looked at Backus's sack allowed ratio not qb's but I cant agrue any further because i dont recall that i have at least seen him playing because i dont bother to watch Lions game when Pooch was coaching.

I hope Colledge is our LT of the future ....

Archived