Texans | Team exercises Carr's option; move not expected to impact NFL Draft selectio

Smizzy

Texans | Team exercises Carr's option; move not expected to impact NFL Draft selection

Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:09:20 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans exercised the $8 million option that extends QB David Carr's contract through the 2008 season, according to a source close to the team. A formal announcement is expected Friday, Feb. 10. Carr's extension calls for the $8 million bonus and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.5 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. The decision to extend Carr's contract has nothing to do with the top pick in the draft. The Texans still haven't decided if they'll select University of Texas QB Vince Young or Southern California RB Reggie Bush. The Texans also haven't ruled out the possibility of trading down.

That move completely ends the "Vince Young to the Texans" talk.

The Texans will take Reggie Bush with the #1 pick.

They will not trade down.

Im a Texans fan and come from the Texans msg boards...Id say the split among fans is 1/3 Reggie, 1/3 Vince Young, 1/3 trade down and grab D'brick or Mario...I personally wouldnt mind Reggie, Brick, or Mario, and think that David Carr can be productive....what do you guys think about D Carr and what we need?

I am not surprised by this move.... And Bush will be taken by texans without a doubt..... Nice combo of a fastest RB and a powerful RB which is exactly what Kubiak wants to have for team... OL will be fixed by latter draft picks and signing FA.

Carr has everything except decision-making....

Im a Texans fan and come from the Texans msg boards...Id say the split among fans is 1/3 Reggie, 1/3 Vince Young, 1/3 trade down and grab D'brick or Mario...I personally wouldnt mind Reggie, Brick, or Mario, and think that David Carr can be productive....what do you guys think about D Carr and what we need?

I like Carr and always have. I think you need a strong OL coach and defensive help. Also a WR to go opposite A Johnson. You do not need a QB, RB or number one WR and I think your OL problems are due to a lack of coaching rather than talent. Not saying you couldn't use to pick up a OL or two in rounds 2-4 but D'Brick might not be necessary.

Archived