Culpepper Will Be Traded To....

GREENSMACKS

Being honest,i believe Linehan made Culpepper what he is.Linehan's absence last year had a bigger part in Culpepper poor performance than Randy Moss absence.This would be a great deal for all involved...except it could come back to haunt the Vikes.If Culpepper goes to the Rams,Bulger will surely hit the open market and head to Detroit.Bulger is a great player in Martz system and could help turn the Lions around.

Being honest,i believe Linehan made Culpepper what he is.Linehan's absence last year had a bigger part in Culpepper poor performance than Randy Moss absence.This would be a great deal for all involved...except it could come back to haunt the Vikes.If Culpepper goes to the Rams,Bulger will surely hit the open market and head to Detroit.Bulger is a great player in Martz system and could help turn the Lions around.

I read somewhere yesterday that the Lions were looking to bring in jamie Martin to backup Harrington. Bulger would cost to much and would want to start. They aren't ready to throw Harrington under the bus just yet.

I read somewhere yesterday that the Lions were looking to bring in jamie Martin to backup Harrington. Bulger would cost to much and would want to start. They aren't ready to throw Harrington under the bus just yet.

It could be locker rooms politics though,the Lions came out said they were going stick with Joey but if a player who knows Martz system and runs his offense very well became available then they should snap him up.

Although it's starting to look like the trade is a straight swap of QBs with a mid round pick thrown in.

http://www.vikingsboard.net/

Deal Confirmed

11:25 PM

3/9/06

Rumors of a possible deal that will send Daunte Culpepper to the St. Louis Rams for current starting quarterback Marc Bulger and a "mid-round" selection in the 2006 draft have been confirmed tonight. A source close to the situation has told Vikingsboard that the deal has been struck in principle, and is awaiting the Saturday Free Agent deadline for finalization.

"This is not to say that a last minute offer from another team won't be entertained" said the source "But I can tell you with almost certainty that if nobody else steps up in the next 24 hours with a better offer, Culpepper will be a Ram before the weekend is out"

The mid round selection is believed to be a fourth rounder, however that could not be confirmed.

More information to follow.

Archived