Which Jet will make the biggest leap this year?

Offense: Garret Wilson- he has been the guy targeted for the last two years by all defenses and he STILL has been a star. I wonder what having other guys around him will do for him. The other answer may be Breece hall with Ana cruel offensive line in front of him and teams being unable to just “stack the box”. Could be exciting.

Defense: I think the obvious choice is JJ because the DE position takes a few years and now he will play a larger role, but I’m also thinking the Williams brothers will really

Benefit from reddicks presence.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I believe Garrett will have reduced targets, the biggest jump will be WR2 (Mike Williams)

Even if his targets go down a bit, his reception % should go up, and his yards per catch should go up as well, as he should be able to catch passes in stride and make more yards after catch.

But yes WR 2 should have massively more yards, as should WR 3.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Even if his targets go down a bit, his reception % should go up, and his yards per catch should go up as well, as he should be able to catch passes in stride and make more yards after catch.

But yes WR 2 should have massively more yards, as should WR 3.

I am praying for better efficiency from Wilson.  I was low key disappointed last season.  It would be nice if the answer was Corley.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am praying for better efficiency from Wilson.  I was low key disappointed last season.  It would be nice if the answer was Corley.

Garrett does drop alot of passes.

Biggest leap: Izzy Abanakanda.  He will have a real nice season as rb2.

1 hour ago, Web72 said:

Ruckert. Breece & GW are smart choices but they already have very good numbers to improve on. Ruckert sis now TE2 and is waiting to break out

I like this one a lot.  Ruckert has some traits that make me believe he could be so much more than a blocking TE.  If ARod finds some chemistry with him, watch out.

Obviously Garrett SHOULD blow up if Rodgers stays healthy.  Even with other guys getting looks, it shouldn't take away from his production.  

On D the obvious one is McDonald.  His increased role + hopefully playing with many more leads should give him every opportunity to produce.  Would be cool to see JJ just go off for like 15 sacks as well.  Dude is so valuable in that he can be effective on any down, so establishing himself as a premiere pass rusher would legit make him one of the most valuable defenders in the league.

• Upvote 2

Impossible. We hate Izzy, remember? Surprised he hasn't been cut already.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Ruckert. Breece & GW are smart choices but they already have very good numbers to improve on. Ruckert sis now TE2 and is waiting to break out
This was my immediate thought on offense. He'll see the field much more with CJ not around any more, hoping he had a good year with a decision on Conklin looming at year end.

I also wondered if AVT might qualify here? If he's healthy all year and able to play at his assigned position he should have a significant impact this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Will McDonald is going to be so good that the complaints are gonna shift from him being a wasted pick to complaining about why he was only on the field 19% of the time last year. Tony Adams at the gaping safety hole is another player to watch. 

We’ll see what kind of opportunities Lazard gets with Williams and Corley added to the depth chart ahead of him, but I expect something of a bounce back year. He’s back with Rodgers throwing to him (hopefully), and he’s effectively in a contract year. So his situation is improved, and he should have a lot of motivation. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

me too. catching 56% of the passes thrown to you is not good at all. lets hope that was because of Zach not throwing a accurate ball and throwing to him when he was triple coverage.

• Sympathy 1

Lots of great name drops in here so far. To be a little different.

Kuntz puts it together a little this season, emphatically makes the roster, and is a real contributor. Freaky athlete and some chemistry with Rodgers from running scout team stuff next year, worth keeping in mind.

Kinlaw has a monster year production wise. Defensive tackles have consistently eaten next to Q and he’s potentially the most talented. Goes out, earns himself a big payday and the Jets a fourth round comp pick.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think they lowkey dont believe in finesse backs for this offense anymore, but I hope you're right. 

To me, the easy answer is Lazard.  He and Rodgers have had a wonderful relationship, and there was a reason the Jets gave the guy a $44M 4 year contract.  Lazard was awful last year, and made JD look like a horse's ass for giving Lazard that contract.

If having Rodgers back at the helm doesn't help change Lazard's attitude and results, then Rodgers advocating for Lazard looks idiotic to me.

Lazard is the obvious choice to change things for the better.  This is what Lazard wanted, and now that he got what he wanted, let's see who the real Alan Lazard is.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wit said:

I think they lowkey dont believe in finesse backs for this offense anymore, but I hope you're right. 

Who is a finesse back?  Izzy is 5’11 215lbs at 20 years old.  After a year of nfl strength and training.  I wouldnt be surprised if hes 220lbs or more now.  Hes a truck!

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Kuntz!!

Will have more yards than Bowers. Easily. 

i gave you a LOL because i read you post from bottom to top. but after reading the tweet that is good news. Rodgers talking about a P.S TE and that he built chemistry with. i think he might see the field this year.