Titans | Sirmon wants to be released

Smizzy

Titans | Sirmon wants to be released

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:53:16 -0800

Terry McCormick, of the Nashville City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans LB Peter Sirmon has asked the team to release him from his contract. Sirmon has one year remaining on his deal with a cap cost of $4.6 million, which includes a base salary of $2.4 million.

I like Sirmon.

I like Sirmon.

Sirmon was a borderline Pro Bowler -- very underrated -- until his major knee injury -- he missed all of 2004.

He wasn't as good last season, but two seasons removed from a major ACL he should be back to where he was....

Sirmon probably feels slapped in the face having to move to MLB -- he's classic coverage OLB, not a run-stopping MLB.......

He took a lot less money to stay in Tennessee instead of going to the Rams awhile back (took an isane pay cut), now he's being told to move inside....

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=48559

I actually had a long response, but the computer/site would not send the reply and I lost it :Cuss:

Short is answer is yes, I'd take a long look at a healthy Sirmon...He's a real good player, when healthy.

Tennessee can't be dumb enough to let him go, if he's healthy?

I actually had a long response, but the computer/site would not send the reply and I lost it :Cuss:

Short is answer is yes, I'd take a long look at a healthy Sirmon...He's a real good player, when healthy.

Tennessee can't be dumb enough to let him go, if he's healthy?

If he doesn't wan to play inside,why not? We released some good players who just didn't "fit"

Playing inside in the 3-4 is a lot different than the 4-3 or 4-2-5 formations Tennessee plays...

Sirmon is a gawky, big bird looking type, who relies on speed....Prior to the injury, he would even start in Tennessee's much used 4-2-5 defense (2 LB's, 5 DB's) and never come out of the game....Even if it was 4th down and 25, he would drop into coverage and not be replaced by a DB.

1: Tennessee tends to marginalize their inside linebackers going with the 4-2-5 often, so that has to be a possible reason of his concern?

2: he's not a protypical MLB due to his size, may not be able to take the pounding?

But, again, as a ILB for 3-4 team, he's a better fit...

BTY, those are just guesses on my part :Typotux:

Archived