Aaron Rodgers is sitting at the kids’ table because he’s got one championship. You don’t get to sit with Joe Montana and Tom Brady and multiple Super Bowl winners at the ‘Big Boy Table.’

On 7/13/2024 at 2:32 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

This is loaded and I have an entire thesis that I’ve posted in pieces over the years. I’ll just say that there is empirical evidence that suggests that the biggest combination of drivers for SB championship in the salary cap era is a top 10 scoring defense paired with a top 10 scoring QB (TDs and 2pts). Other combinations don’t have any persistency.

Looking at it that way, Brady has done his part and been an all time great throughout his career, but the reason everyone has him as the goat is because of the rings, and when you look at what he was working with vs what other goat QBs were working with, it’s not even remotely close. He had top 10 scoring defenses in 18 of his 20 seasons; 7 of which were top 5. Even the two seasons he didn’t have top 10, they were still top half of the league. So isolating for the seasons that each QB had top 10 defenses, the other QBs won a higher percentage of superbowls and I think they have better physical skills/athleticism. There’s also the fact that two of the QBs I have there have won championships without having a top 10 D, something Brady hasn’t done. 

I also can’t discount the cheating scandals the way everyone else has. Not saying it took a scrub and made him a GOAT, but much like Barry Bonds cheating, even a marginal benefit to an already tremendous talent can mean big results. 

Second biggest troll on the board calling someone else’s post trolling is gold. 

The reason Brady is probably the GOAT is about his consistent winning, consistently getting into the playoffs, consistently getting deep into the playoffs.  The guy has been in 48 playoff games.  He's had more competition against the best NFL teams under pressure than any other QB.

Going up against the Seahawks who had the No. 1 scoring and yardage allowed D he consistently drove the Pats down the field and scored.  Granted they shouldn't have won that game but the Pats put up 28 points.  Brady threw the ball 50 times against a great D and put the team into the end zone several times.   

Payton Manning faced virtually the same D the year before in the SB.  Manning couldn't do a thing against the same D.  It was a complete blowout.  The Broncos had the No. 1 O in both yards and points that year.   Brady handled the Seahawks D, Payton was simply overwhelmed.  

The handful of guys who can be in the conversation for the GOAT have stood out in big games.  Brady has stood out in more big games more times than anyone else in the league.  It's not close.   He also has protected the ball and drove the team consistently over his entire career.  

Bary Bonds and Brady aren't remotely the same.  Bonds had two different careers.  Before and after steriods.  Barry Bonds hit above 30 HR twice when he was with the Pirates.  Once 33 and once 34.   He was over 30 12 consecutive years with the Giants.  Over 40 7 times and of course the obscene year he hit 73.   Brady had a couple of outlier years when he had Randi Moss and Welker.  He was remarkably consistent thoughout his career.  He also had zero falloff in production when he went to the Tampa Bay.