That Time of Year

When the temperature low is 80 degrees, you know it’s peak summer in the Gulf Coast. I’m encouraged though, because after another couple of triple digits, it looks like we will be done for the year with 100+ days. Absent another hurricane the first cool front (and yes I am sure we define “cool front” differently) should blow in soon. Already looking for highs in the low 90’s in 10 days.

On another note I had pizza for breakfast for the first time in years. The wife is traveling and I finished off the mushroom pizza for breakfast….great idea and something that would not fly with the better half around. I did use restraint however and elected to not finish the bottle of red Zinfandel as my breakfast beverage. One must have standards.

Finally, I was a reader at funeral services for a friend yesterday. He was 47 and left 4 boys. Thought about Lauren. I’ve had enough death for awhile, you all take care of yourselves please.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the South are hopefully through their 100s.  Lows have been dipping down into the high 60s.  Plus, I am starting to see more leaves on the ground.

• Upvote 1