Pennington: I Love Jets Fans...I loved hearing this yesterday on the post game

SoFlaJets

I thought of that too. The problem is I'm not sure if Chad's problems are correctable by coaching, or if they're purely physical problems. I can't think of any top QB in the history of the NFL with as weak an arm as Chad, indicating that you might need a minimum arm strength that Chad simply does not have in order to beat the top defenses in the league. He needs to step into his throws in order to have accuracy and any zip on the ball, but in the NFL a lot of times against the top teams they'll leave a guy open in order to get pressure, and that's where a top QB manage to get the ball there and get a big play or a critical first down, and that's usually where Chad fails to execute.

Chad simply doesn't take enough shots downfield, but more importantly, I don't think he can hit a 15-25 yard deep out, the type of pass that you basically have to throw on a rope. I think that is Chad's biggest problem. Now the question is, is that a coaching problem, or is it a physical one? I am leaning towards it being physical.

I think part of it might be intensity, I don't know why he isn't as intense as he was back in 2002. Chad's basically going to have another shot this year, I think we can get into the playoffs, and then there really are no excuses. If he fails yet again in the playoffs, no matter how much hope you have in the guy, you kind of need to say enough is enough.

It really is debatable at this point. There are guys that have won super bowls with the same or worse arms, imho. I really think that if Mangini had that little respect for Chad he would have either never come here or gotten rid of him right away. Maybe I'm wrong and Mangini is just sticking with Chad until Clemens develops. I know one thing This system that the JEts have in place is the same system that a lot of BAD QB's have won in. Even if you want to say Brady is good. Simms was known as a weak armed, fragile QB before this system. Hostetler was nothing, period and Vinny was the joke of the league.

Mho is that it all is upstairs with Chad - but idk for sure.

you make another good point raffy Eli HAS a great arm but not half of what Chad has between the ears...of course that fact means nothing to the haters

Yes, well, of course....

football_chad_pennington.jpg

=

sockmonkeyey1.jpg

It's quite clear. Hehe.

I almost pitched forward dead in my seat when he went down. An eternal minute. He's a warrior, and I loved when he gave it up to the crowd coming off the field. He is a student of the game, for sure. And, he gives us the best chance to win as we are currently constituted. AND, he fits the system Mangini's got going - for now. It can be argued the system as structured is specifically streamlined to his limitations, but there's a lot to be said for heart and brains (and not in a slasher horror movie context). Who thought in a million years we'd be in a PO HUNT, for God's sake! Looking at what our offense looked like on paper before the start of the season, c'mon, freakin' fess up. If we aren't making lemonade out of lemons, then I don't know what.

pennythrowns4.jpg

Go, Buttercup, Go!

I couldnt bring myself to rooting against the Jets. I wasnt overly excited when we won though, but I loved watching our defense improve.

You couldn't bring yourself to root against them. Great.

There's that Redskins pick that's coming our way, remember? And, the last thing the draft is is an exact science. Just ask Ryan Leaf. I get your fail now for theoretical payoff later, but it's like that carton of milk I have in my refrigerator. It's a day past the due date. It smells OK, but something about it makes me not want to pour it in my coffee. Hell, I just might push my dog out into traffic so I can get me a new one. Not that I don't love my dog or anything. Hehe.

Archived