Top "Same Old Jets" Moments

PantyHose&Furs

Since we are approaching potential "Same Old Jets" territory with winnable and extremely meaningful games on the horizon I figured a posting like this has some relevance:

Please share your top Same Old Jets memories...

Mine: At the Meadowlands, phenominal seats (40 yd line, 5th row), Jets-Miami, Jets tied for division lead that late in the season for the first time in about 30 years, out to a huge lead on the Fish, crowd is delirious, the whole section I'm in is jumping up and down, hugging each other (not kidding), sharing food, drinks (the guy next to me was passing out cups of freezing cold Chianti and passing out large chunks of fresh mozzarella that he was ripping off by the handful) and I'm telling you...it was a party. One of the most euphoric scenes I've experienced at a Jets game (been to lots and lots...).

Then some Fish fan starts doing the math and telling people to watch out 'cause Danny boy is gonna bring 'em back. We practically laughed that guy out of the stadium.

Lo and behold the rest is history. Fake spike. Losing streak. Carroll Fired. Hire Kotite. 1-15. 2-14. Brutal. Same Old Jets.

For the record: Hate Herm. KC's pain is my delight. Hoping like hell that Tangini can overcome curse of the Same Old Jets.

Archived