Good Luck Brett..

strange_andy

I'm a big Brett Favre fan, so I'm interested in the Sunday night game Packers/Bears. Not sure if he's coming back for another season next year, so it would be nice to see him have one more shot in the playoffs.

The Packers can get in under the scenerios:

1) A win plus a NY Giants win plus a GB clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over NYG

2) A win plus a NY Giants loss or tie plus a St. Louis loss or tie

3) A win plus a NY Giants loss or tie plus a Carolina win

4) A win plus a NY Giants loss or tie plus an Atlanta win

5) A tie plus a NY Giants loss plus a St. Louis loss plus an Atlanta loss or tie plus a Carolina loss or tie

With that I think they have a pretty good chance. The Bears are pretty banged up on the D-side of the ball.

There's no chance in hell GB takes down Chicago in Chicago. It's going to be very much like a repeat of their 1st matchup Week 1. Go Pack & Go Brett, but it just ain't gonna happen. I do however hope he comes back for at least another season. Green Bay with another strong draft could find themselves at 9-7 / 10-6 next season and in the JVC playoffs as a Wild Card.

The past few games this is what the Bears D has given up in the passing game:

Lions: Kitna 283 yards - 3 TD - 0 INT

Buccs: Rattay 268 yards - 3 TD - 1 INT (all in the 2nd half)

Rams: Bulger 356 yards - 3 TD - 1 INT

They did win those games, but get a ton of help from their special teams (Hester). There is quite a bit of concern here in Bear country heading into the playoffs.

There is no reason why Favre couldn't put up those numbers, plus from what I have been hearing on the radio here, Smith will be sitting his players in the 2nd half.

Archived