Jets QB Jordan Travis sees himself as Aaron Rodgers' successor

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He’s Tyrod Taylor with a weaker arm

He could possibly be a longterm, quality backup.

But I doubt he’s ever starting material 

Probably but you never know. This is someone who if he didn’t get hurt would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Travis Jordan will indeed be the next cornerstone QB of the franchise. Had he not gotten hurt we're talking about a late 1st but realistically a 2nd rounder, possibly Heisman Trophy winner. We better give this guy a chance before we consider wasting another 1st (Sanchez, Darnold, Wilson) on a QB. He clearly doesn't have the elite arm talent but his legs makeup up for any blemishes we have pass protecting. He's cleary a 4.4-4.5 QB. 

Once healthy, I'll consider him as a QB2 over Taylor. He's a true x-factor. Passing, running and making off platform plays.

The next cornerstone QB?  We have had one. 

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Next year's class is terrible. Wouldn't mind drafting a developmental QB to replace Taylor. 

carson beck looks promising.  gotta see how he does this coming season

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Tyrod is 1 of the best backups in the game, so if he can rise close to his level that’s pretty good.. Teams need decent backups, if you have a sh*tttt 1 like a zach Wilson, might as well just forfeit the season if your starter goes down.

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It’s not unheard of for a guy to gain arm strength after entering the league. Burrow is a recent example. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Apparently he should have said "I see myself as the backup to the 2025 or 2026 1st rounder"

I think he's going to surprise a lot of Jet fans.  Dude is a football player, through and through.  He's also a leader, and he's insanely talented(not just running the ball).  Oh, and the "weak arm" sh*t is kind of news to me.  He might not have a Josh Allen arm, but he certainly throws well enough to make a living as long as he's accurate and able to read a defense.  image.gif.2840451cefa1f3c664d3b8eeb3740820.gif

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is it right here. I think after a couple of pro strength and conditioning programs Travis can build some upper body and arm strength which I’d say is his biggest flaw.

But I don’t see his arm strength as completely limiting. Give me leadership, accuracy, anticipation, and quick mental processing over a rocket arm and rocks for a brain.

If he can build arm strength then possibly we'll have something.  But if he can't then I think he's just another "limited ceiling" type QB.

It probably just means that it's been long enough since Chad Pennington has been here that fans have forgotten what it's like to have a noodle-arm QB.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

It’s not unheard of for a guy to gain arm strength after entering the league. Burrow is a recent example. 

This is what I was going to say.

Besides time in the film room and getting scout team / pre season looks to get him used to NFL game speed, you can bet this will be a top priority. Players can "increase" their arm strength by working on planting their feet and following through with correct technique, as well as packing on some muscle across the board (esp ass, back, and shoulders).

Whether or not he actually succeeds Rodgers is questionable, but the Jets are giving him a couple years to show he deserves a shot. I like it, low risk, high reward. It seems like he has a good mentality too - and what'd we expect him to tell the Interviewer? "No, I'm coming for the starting job this year!!!1!1" 

• Upvote 2

Also, a lot can be made of arm strength, but as ol Zippy showed us, it's worthless without proper touch, timing, read ability, etc. Would rather have a guy who has to throw moon shots to go way downfield, but has excellent touch and placement within 25yds, vs a JaMarcus Russell or Zach Wilson. 

It's not like tb12 had a rocket arm, but he could get the ball where it needed to go. And this kids arm strength isn't THAT bad.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bronx said:

Coach Robert Saleh said the Jets view Travis as "a ball of clay," a player with exciting potential who needs to polish his throwing mechanics and footwork.

And if there's anyone in the league who can help mold a QB, it's Robert Saleh and his outstanding staff!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Also, a lot can be made of arm strength, but as ol Zippy showed us, it's worthless without proper touch, timing, read ability, etc. Would rather have a guy who has to throw moon shots to go way downfield, but has excellent touch and placement within 25yds, vs a JaMarcus Russell or Zach Wilson. 

It's not like tb12 had a rocket arm, but he could get the ball where it needed to go. And this kids arm strength isn't THAT bad.

I don't disagree that elite accuracy is critical for a great QB but a noodle arm QB is a guy with a limited ceiling.  What were you winning with Chad Pennington?  The Snoopy Bowl?

It's not like tb12 had a rocket arm

I have no idea where people get this stuff from (and you're not the first person I've heard say it).  TB12 had a very strong arm.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1