Pennington article from Yahoo!

AFJF

I've criticized him before, and I think I did so justifiably, but during the Miami game something changed in Chad. He didn't go into a shell, and I never felt we were doomed in that game. It was more of a "we're going to definitely win this game, there's nothing to worry about" feeling. You only get that feeling when you have a real winner on the field. The team still needs some more talent to compete with the San Diegos and Baltimores of the NFL (in other words, just those two) but we have enough to compete with everyone else and win. I still think road grader RG, RT, big WR/TE and a DE are the key missing components. That is actually a lot but, we will see. Most teams are pretty flawed aside from the two I listed.

Like I've said many times before I'm neither a Chad hater or lover. He has played well enough not to lose games for us. He has made a few throws that have saved some drives that we scored on. But lets be realistic, if not for the elusiveness of our receivers and leon we wouldn't be where we are today. I've also said on many occasions you can win a super bowl with game managing QB's. But, everything else has to be there and right now things are looking well for us. We are going to have a tough time beating the Pats again. Anyone that thinks that Belladick isn't going to be scheming for us is a moron. It's possible for us to win, but it's going to be a dog-fight.

it seems like analysis of Chad is on a week to week basis. I find it funny how the 4.8 million dollar salary is bloated. For a starting qb? seems about right no if not a little cheap.

Usually they get large signing bonuses (I think Pennington's was the second or third largest at the time) and other bonuses (he's due another $3M sometime before next season I think) and their bases are low. $4.8M is kind of huge when you take that into account.

Archived