A Happy Ending in Connecticut!

VINBLEEDSGREEN

Just thought Id share this moment with everyone. I made the trip up to Foxboro this weekend along with a buddy who unfortunately is a Pats fan. Needless to say it was a difficult day for me, along with all of the other fans who made the trip, and even those who didnt. On the long, depressing, 260 mile trip back home in traffic, we made a stop off 95 somewhere in Connecticut to grab some food. Like a miracle from above, and at a much needed time as a bunch of somber Jets fan gathered, the man himself walked in the building...FIREMAN ED! What a sweet surprise. I mean, you should have seen the look on my buddy's face as he lead the group of 15 or so JETS fans in one more J-E-T-S Chant. It was almost as if he couldnt believe how after losing in the first round, we could still be cheering. He couldnt believe how the spirit of the JETS FAN remained untouched and everyone reunited again, and rooted for our home team. That look on his face, seeing Fireman Ed, and knowing that WE will stay strong in support of our team, made me forget the entire 10 hours of total commute and loss we suffered earlier. JETS fans are a loyal bunch. When people say "sorry about your JETS" my response is like "Sorry?...Why?...We were 4-12 last season, we have a new head coach, new coordinators, a new GM, a QB off 2 shoulder surgeries, really no running back, a bunch of rookie starters, and we went 10-6 and played NE hard well into the 4th Quarter. And you are sorry? IM PUMPED" (I also like to mention the 28 million in salary cap space for next season haha...)

Vin -- good post. Meeting Fireman Ed would be cool. I hope to some day shake his hand. I have always been a big fan of his.

Not to diminish your story though but your post disappointed me. You had a good start with the Happy Ending title. I was very interested when you were talking about Interstate 95 and then I was waiting for the part where you pulled off for a massage.

But hey -- meeting Fireman Ed, that's cool too!

:P

Archived