If...

pjam76

It seems people have rose colored glasses about this Jets defense.

They got blown out against the Jags. They got blown out against the Bills. They allowed the Pats on some 8 minute drive to end a game.

They stunk against the Browns.

They stunk against the Titans.

They allowed Brady to drive down the field and score a TD to end the first half.

Then they got outscored 30-6 to end the playoff game.

This theory that the game was close is a joke. By the 4th quarter this game was over.

IF the Jets were in the NFC east, I'd say they probably have a chance next season.

But the fact is, there aren't that many "Old" teams in the AFC. So for the Jets to compete they have to beat the Pats, Bills, Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Broncos, Jags, and so on.

So far out of that list they were 2-5 against those teams and in 3 of those losses they were blown out.

Face it, Chad P is probably here next year and maybe the year after that, so for what it is, the Jets need a top 5 defense.

If they don't have that, it is unlikely they'll beat the top teams.

Face it, Chad P is probably here next year and maybe the year after that, so for what it is, the Jets need a top 5 defense.

If they don't have that, it is unlikely they'll beat the top teams.

As the offense is now, even if we had the best defense in the league, we won't be beating top teams next year. Build the offense first.

And The Colts number one offense in the league.

Last time I checked, they always faltered in the playoffs.

They have more wins, including playoffs, than that vaunted Jaguars and Raiders D, now don't they?

Oh yeah, and what was that Ravens D ranked as, just out of curiousity?

That the Colts have allowed only 1 TD this postseason.

While Manning has thrown 5 INTs.

Yeah you need an offense, but if your defense can't make stops when they have to, it's a lost cause. The Jets couldn't make stops when they needed to all year long.

That the Colts have allowed only 1 TD this postseason.

While Manning has thrown 5 INTs.

Yeah you need an offense, but if your defense can't make stops when they have to, it's a lost cause. The Jets couldn't make stops when they needed to all year long.

Yes, again, you need the defense, I've said that all along. But if you can not score you can not win. We can not score, both units have glaring needs, but to me the offense is more important to take care of first.

Perhaps you didn't get it the first time, I'll repeat, as the offense is right now, even with the best defense in the league we would lose.

As the Pats are in the same division as the Jets, the fact is the Chargers have LT, Antonio Gates, and The best offense in the league this year.

Yet the Pats have a good chance of beating them in SD cause of their defense and smart playing.

Brady has thrown 3 picks and their hasn't been much of a rush attack. Yeah he's put up some big plays down the stretch but 14 points have come off of turnovers.

Chad P throws 2 picks and the Jets lose. Everybody blames him.

Brady throws 3 INTs, Manning throws 3 INts yet their teams have a chance to win.

Archived