Pistol Pete

GimmeShelter

Anybody catch WFAN dedicate most of the day to Pete Maravich today?

Probably top 5 talent wise ever and arguably the best college player of all-time. Playing under his dad with shoot first instructions at LSU in order to become the first million dollar pro player ever probably hurt his overall NBA game.

Brought back a lot of memories of when the NBA was worth watching on a daily basis.

Anybody catch WFAN dedicate most of the day to Pete Maravich today?

Probably top 5 talent wise ever and arguably the best college player of all-time. Playing under his dad with shoot first instructions at LSU in order to become the first million dollar pro player ever probably hurt his overall NBA game.

Brought back a lot of memories of when the NBA was worth watching on a daily basis.

Was it on Joe and Evan, or Mike and Doggy? I missed it, but calling him the best college player ever is a little far fetched. I understand he averaged 42 or 43 points a game, back of course when they didn't have a 3 point line. (which makes it that much more impressive) But that alone doesn't make him the best college player ever, don't quote me on this but I believe they never won more than 16 maybe 17 games. Boy was he talented though GimmeShelter, your right about that.

Was on Dog show.....Mike was out.

I believe LSU won 22 games his senior year and improved by 10 wins his first eligible season(sophmore) from the prior season when he was not on the team.

LSU wins should not factor into how good he was as the school was an absolute non entity in College basketball prior to Pete's arrival. Recruiting became a success after he put the school on the map.

My statement was he was "arguably" the best College player ever. Kareem-Russell-Walton-Austin Carr-Bill Bradley and Elvin Hayes would all be in the discussion as well.

Archived